Luggage size Question

carni05

I just read on the luggage tag that the bag shouldn't exceed 24" w x16"h..2 of my bags are like 29 x 19..is this a problem? How strict are they ..I thought the weight was strict but not the size of the bag. They still have my Disney tags on them,so it wasn't an issue with their crusie line. I only have carry one size or large size bags..nothing in between..

I just read on the luggage tag that the bag shouldn't exceed 24" w x16"h..2 of my bags are like 29 x 19..is this a problem? How strict are they ..I thought the weight was strict but not the size of the bag. They still have my Disney tags on them,so it wasn't an issue with their crusie line. I only have carry one size or large size bags..nothing in between..

You should be OK. My husband's hard sided Samsonite is 29" & it's never been questioned. He keeps it well under 50 lbs. Mine is a soft side roller bag & it's 25" high.

Edited by Sparky2

From Carnival's web site concerning luggage.

Note the portion in red.

"Since the delivery of checked luggage may take some time to reach the stateroom, guests may elect to bring their luggage on board if they do not exceed 16”H x 24"W (40.64cm x 60.96cm); there are no length restrictions. Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage. Note: Luggage larger than 16"H x 24” (40.64cm x 60.96cm) must be checked-in with a curbside porter."

Edited by MtnDweller

What's the third dimension?

The scanners are 24x16xwhatever. So if your suitcase is 19x15x29 you're good to go.

I cannot believe the luggage sizes I have seen people bring with them on the cruise! Holy smokes, I thought they must have tried to move in and bring their entire wardrobe and everything-they-ever-owned with them :eek: Now this is the stuff that I have seen when debarking, and I'm sure they must have checked it, rather than carried it on the ship with them.

And there is no weight limit on the bags you give to the porters, either. (This is judging from what I have seen.) SMH. lol

What's the third dimension?

The scanners are 24x16xwhatever. So if your suitcase is 19x15x29 you're good to go.

From a post above --"Since the delivery of checked luggage may take some time to reach the stateroom, guests may elect to bring their luggage on board if they do not exceed 16”H x 24"W (40.64cm x 60.96cm); there are no length restrictions. Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage."

Edited by tandemcruzr

As long as it will fit through a TSA scanner you are fine- otherwise no worries because you can check it. And you can "carry on" as much luggage as your party can handle. Only know this because many moons ago we had to haul on wedding dress/ tux, favors, decorations, flowers, OOT bags etc. Deep breathes- you will be fine.

I have a 60 linear inch suitcase that I use for international travel that I took on our most recent cruise. Yeah it was huge but since we didn't have to fly, I did over pack. I wanted options. :D The suitcase fit nicely in the closet of our balcony room. We did not do self assist- now that would not have been fun.

Three words: snow ski bags!!!

You know those 5 to 6ft long ones.You roll all your clothes up to help prevent wrinkles. Maybe even pack that lead x-ray vest and roll your smugly stuff in it. Lol. Tell them its for your undeveloped film. Heck throw in a tripod and a selfie stick to prove it..... I bet you can get a whole lot in a ski bag. Plus it would be fun to carry-on then have someone in your party to point out things in different directions and spin around hitting people with the bag. Then perhaps some will complain and JH will write a "hot topic" about you! HAHAHA!

Edited by kindatravelsavy19

It will not be an issue, just keep the weight down. The size limit is for carry on bags that have to go through the scanner instead of the huge X-Ray machine downstairs.

Three words: snow ski bags!!!

You know those 5 to 6ft long ones.You roll all your clothes up to help prevent wrinkles. Maybe even pack that lead x-ray vest and roll your smugly stuff in it. Lol. Tell them its for your undeveloped film. Heck throw in a tripod and a selfie stick to prove it..... I bet you can get a whole lot in a ski bag. Plus it would be fun to carry-on then have someone in your party to point out things in different directions and spin around hitting people with the bag. Then perhaps some will complain and JH will write a "hot topic" about you! HAHAHA!

Ok this is just my supposition- but do you really think packing a ski bag full of crap including your " smuggled" items is going to make them less likely to go through the bag?

Thank goodness for you- this is how the scanners have never caught my stuff because the are examining your alpine ski bag heading for an island. I soooo want to give you a smooch!!!!!