Weather and itinerary changes?

blackberry805

I know that cruise ships will change course during tropical storms and hurricanes...but if all ports are forecasting rain....will Carnival flip the itinerary? Western to Eastern or Eastern to Western due to JUST RAIN not an actual tropical storm or hurricane? Thanks in advance!

No, they won't change the itinerary just for rain. It's not that easy to change itineraries. The other ports would have to have openings. And just because it says rain, doesn't mean that it will rain all day. Usually they are just a cpl quick showers and then they are gone.

I have never heard of them doing that for just rain. That's not a bad idea, if the ports would allow it. One of my visits to Cozumel was a total wash-out. Every excursion involving anything outside was cancelled, which meant a lot of money lost for Carnival & the tour operators. Those wash-outs are a bit unusual, as the islands tend to not get storms that last all day & for several days, like I get here at home. I have seen forecasts for 50-70% chance of rain, and nearly the entire day was sunny. Sometimes, there wasn't even a passing shower.

I remember on one of our short cruises about 7 years ago, Cozumel was a complete wash-out. It was one of only 2 ports, so it was pretty disappointing. On the up-side Carnival allowed people to buy liquor from the duty-free shop on board and take it back to their rooms (2 nights before we were back home) and also upped the scheduled activities on-board that day. It did help make up for it some!