Only ship in port, docking at West Indian Co, options?

Jezo

So unlike our last time here when there were way too many ships, in February we'll be the only boat in town, so the crowds will be about 700% lower than we last experienced. Really, last time there were 7 boats in port, many almost twice our size, this time a beautiful 1.

With these lower crowd levels and knowing where we'll be docking, what are some beach options? Ship will be in port from 8am to 5pm. Last time we went to Magen's Bay (along with everyone else it seemed) and this time want to try another beach.

Not looking for snorkeling, not looking for a party atmosphere, just a place to sit on the sand and go in the water and have somewhere to buy a beer.

Is everything based on those jungle taxis? We'll have three people. I was looking at Lindquist Beach but that one looks pretty far, I dont want to spend all day on a taxi, although given the size of the island I dont think that would be too possible.

"jungle taxis"

LOL. I love it!! Taxis can be vans or safari trucks, the tariff is the same. They charge per person. The dispatcher will put you in a vehicle with others going to the same beach, or going the same direction. What about renting a car and the entire island is yours for the day? :D

The beaches are yours and your fellow cruisers, along with the many visitors on land-based vacations in February. So for a nice, quiet beach where you can sit in the sand and go in the water and have somewhere to buy a beer Hull Bay is a great choice. Lindbergh and Sapphire are also good choices.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

So Sapphire Beach, how does that one work? I am looking at it and it seems like it's all hotels over there? Would we access via the hotels or are there public sections?

Sapphire is home to 3 main condo associations, and is one of the few spots on STT and STJ where you can rent a condo close to the water. So we love staying at the Sapphire Beach Resort & Marina which is the property you would see on the beach. Beach access is open to the public, and there is a dive center renting lounges ($9/ea) to day visitors, as well as snorkel gear, kayaks, floats, and other items. There are a couple food and drink options, and you can find many more details on Sapphire in other threads just by searching with that name. Sapphire offers abundant shade and beautiful island and water views, along with the amenities you need minus the bigger crowds you'll find at Magens and Coki.

Secret Harbor is a smaller bay and also has a condo property (Secret Harbour Resort) and a dive center (Aqua Action), and has a nice restaurant on the beach as well.

In contrast Hull Bay has one beach bar and no rentals, and you'll probably be on your own. Great spot when you want a beach to yourselves...