Odd question: chicken strips on the Sapphire?

Dani24

I feel so goofy posting this, but I told my boyfriend I'd check. He loves chicken strips (the fried/battered kind), and was wondering if the Sapphire Princess offered those anywhere on the ship. Even in the buffet, or at lunch, or something.

Are any other fried foods offered on the ship, like fried mozarella, or fried zucchini, etc.? I'm looking forward to all the really good food, but know my boyfriend would be tickled pink if they had a few of his "junkier" favorites as well.

Thanks!

Yes, but you won't be allowed to use the adults-only pools if you do. :D

That's gonna be a tough choice for him, since he tends to get annoyed by rambunctious kids very easily. =)

I'll have to tell him that: choose between chicken strips, or the adults only pool.

Yes, but you won't be allowed to use the adults-only pools if you do. :D

That's gonna be a tough choice for him, since he tends to get annoyed by rambunctious kids very easily. =)

I'll have to tell him that: choose between chicken strips, or the adults only pool.

One night on the Grand, there was nothing my wife liked on the regular menu. The waiter smiled, and said, "let me get another menu for you" and brought over the kids menu. She had the alphabet soup and chicken strips and thought it was one of the best meals of the week!

Chicken nuggets yum. Do they have honey mustard for dipping? Because if they do that is an adult thing to do. We all know kids dip thier nuggets in ketsup. So by the maritime laws of dipping chicken nuggets an adult can still use the adults only pool, only if they dip in honey mustard.

I admit on French night, I have often asked for the kids menu. The spaghetti and meatballs (called snakes and saucers?) on it is also pretty good and they have a volcano dessert which is like a banana split that is to die for.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I absolutely adore the batter-dipped-deep-fried fish "nuggets" that are served in Horizon Cafe. I discovered this "delicacy" quite by accident one day when I went to the buffet for an afternoon snack of nuts and cheese. The fish "nuggets" are actually the fish component of Princess' version of "fish & chips" (I skip the chips).

The cheese selection wasn't particularly appetizing that day, and there were no nuts available, but I needed some mid-day "protein." I discovered the "fish nuggets" and, despite the fact that they were lightly-breaded and fried, I thought they were one of the best dishes that I had tasted on a Princess ship. Since then, I always ask a waiter/busboy when the fabulous fish & chips will be served.

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

Unfortunately, my kids weren't really into them. I guess they are more used to the processed McDonald's-like chicken nuggest. These are real, fresh white breast chicken meat cut up into strips and fried lightly with a nice crust. If I weren't into fancy dishes like Ossobuco or lobster, I would love to eat that every night. If you are a chicken strip fancier, I would suggest you try it once. These are made to order, same with the french fries (more like steak fries). Really yummy. The food on the kids' menu are high-class kiddie food....nothing processed about those dishes.

It was interesting that it took me 2 years to find alphabet pasta in Los Angeles. I had some help on a shopping board or I would not have found it. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

If your boyfriend likes deep-fried battered food/vegetables, just ask for it. It will take them a little longer to cook it, but they will do the deep frying for him every night! If he wants that type of food every night, just let your waiter know, I'm sure he'll be able to have it every night.

I think Princess dining varies from ship to ship, but since their head chef is Italian, their Italian cuisine is very very good. Steaks have seen better days, but if I don't see any main dish I like, I would order 2-3 appetizers and an interesting cold soup.

Thanks. You guys are awesome! I told my boyfriend that they had chicken strips on the kids menu, and that he CAN order from the kid's menu, and he was stoked!

Is the kid's menu the only place you can get them? Are they served in Horizon Court at all?

If alphabet soup, chicken strips, and 'snakes and saucers' are among the best dining of the week.......:eek:

what does this say about Princess (uh)cuisine

I sailed Celebrity in 2001 and the food was not very good back then. Everyone complained about it on the boards. After having my requested medium rare beef come to me well done twice and the rest of the hot food was cold and cold food was warm, I asked the waiter what I should do and he said "order from the children's menu - that is the only fresh food, made to order". I ended up doing that and the food came out cooked properly. Go figure.

Thanks. You guys are awesome! I told my boyfriend that they had chicken strips on the kids menu, and that he CAN order from the kid's menu, and he was stoked!

Is the kid's menu the only place you can get them? Are they served in Horizon Court at all?

No, if you eat in the dining room, you don't need to ask for the kid's menu. Just tell your waiter that you would like to eat chicken strips like the ones on the kid's menu, they will happily accommodate you. Make sure you ask for some french fries too. Hot, fresh to order.....the fact that they are making this one order for you....will make you feel very very special. Actually, you can basically ask them to cook anything (within reason), they will make it for you in the dining room kitchen.

The Horizon Court's menu is set, so you can't ask them to cook anything for you. But Princess' buffet is one of the better ones amongst all cruiselines, you and your boyfriend won't be disappointed.

Archived