Beating A Dead Horse (or: "Resort Casual Clothes Question")

Sablerose

Okay, okay, just put your lighters and flame throwers and stuff away, would you??

For the dining room on non-formal nights (we have formal night covered, thankyouverymuch) my hubby will be comfortably and sharply sporting collared or golf/polo shirts, loafers or lace-ups, and cuffed, pleated dockers and/or slacks.

So he's gonna be lookin' hot, and sharp, and "resort casual."

Now, for me.

I'm a casual girl. I happen to have dockers, loafers, and a lot of collared/polo/golf type shirts. Would this be considered okay in the dining room for non-formal nights, for me?

I also have a couple of pair of capris and some comfortable summery tops, too.

It's easy to "resort casual" a man, and not so easy to "resort casual" a woman when she's not a foofy girly girl. I don't have skirts, or dresses really, and I want to look nice and fit in but I also don't want to feel like I need to pack a bunch of "work clothes" (read: pinstripe slacks, tunic blouses, etc.) if it's not necessary. I'd love to be able to go to dinner on "resort casual" night and then just wear those clothes out to a "night on the town (ship)" and feel comfortable all night. But I also don't want to disrespect the dress code.

Thanks in advance for your input. I'm not trying to start a fight. I promise. I just - look, I grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona where "resort casual" coudl be shorts and a golf-shirt and sandals. And I *know* the shorts-and-sandals thing is a step below the dining room. I'm just not sure of the rest.

I am also not particularly interested in input like, "Wear what you want! You'll see some of everything!" I'm legitimately interested in what type of "resort casual wear" folks have seen on women that didn't include sundresses or skirts, because I am trying to avoid buying an entire new wardrobe just for the cruise (I already spent $200 on formalwear, and that's enough for me if I can get away with what else I have in my closet).

Thank you!!!!

p.s.: I have read the dress code from the Carnival website and also my "What To Pack" e-mail received from Carnival.

*ducks and runs*

Haha Rose, you're too much!

I think what you'll be wearing sounds fine - it pretty well parallels (paralells?) what a female tablemate of mine wore on my first cruise and she didn't seem underdressed or out of place.

I plan on wearing a polo shirt with a pair of capris for 2 of the nights and I'm not worried at all about it. It will be the non-formal nights, of course ;)

Hahah!

WeatherGeek: Sounds like it'll work out great! Have a fabulous cruise!

Liv: Would you recommend the fishnet stockings and the 6-inch stilettos with the stainless steel pinpoint heels?

Timmy'sMom: Heh. I've seen enough dress code threads here to know what I was in for when I posted!!

I can't believe it's less than a month away.

Hahah!

WeatherGeek: Sounds like it'll work out great! Have a fabulous cruise!

Liv: Would you recommend the fishnet stockings and the 6-inch stilettos with the stainless steel pinpoint heels?

Timmy'sMom: Heh. I've seen enough dress code threads here to know what I was in for when I posted!!

I can't believe it's less than a month away.

That would depend on the top ;) :D

I just got back from the Conquest, and also am not a frilly, fru-fru girl. I prefer pants of some sort anyday over a dress. I wore capris and sandals to dinner every night except formal, and then I did formal pants and a sparkly top. I did not feel under-dressed. Lots of ladies opt for casual pants or capris in the dining room. I have now been on six cruises out of either Galveston or NO, and this group is very diverse. You will seriously see everything, and in what you have described you will fit in beautifully.

I just got back from the Conquest, and also am not a frilly, fru-fru girl. I prefer pants of some sort anyday over a dress. I wore capris and sandals to dinner every night except formal, and then I did formal pants and a sparkly top. I did not feel under-dressed. Lots of ladies opt for casual pants or capris in the dining room. I have now been on six cruises out of either Galveston or NO, and this group is very diverse. You will seriously see everything, and in what you have described you will fit in beautifully.

Sable - I saw in a copy of the Conquest Capers that tank tops are not allowed at dinner. Maybe a choice of a lace up leather corset would do?? LOL That is definately not a tank top.... I don't plan to really dress for informal nights either. I am not the frou frou type either.

Sable - I saw in a copy of the Conquest Capers that tank tops are not allowed at dinner. Maybe a choice of a lace up leather corset would do?? LOL That is definately not a tank top.... I don't plan to really dress for informal nights either. I am not the frou frou type either.

Sablerose - Gurl, you are too funny! :D Seriously though, I agree with what others have said; you will look great and fit in just fine in what you have described. :)

P.S.

I see the Conquest will be in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel with the Valor. Cool! :D

Sablerose - Gurl, you are too funny! :D Seriously though, I agree with what others have said; you will look great and fit in just fine in what you have described. :)

P.S.

I see the Conquest will be in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel with the Valor. Cool! :D

Trust me, there were tank tops. For that matter, I also saw the leather corset. And then there was much less than the leather corset. People wore what they wanted. They did not enforce the dress code. There was an older guy in a Hawaiian shirt on formal night.

Trust me, there were tank tops. For that matter, I also saw the leather corset. And then there was much less than the leather corset. People wore what they wanted. They did not enforce the dress code. There was an older guy in a Hawaiian shirt on formal night.

You guys are all cracking me up! Ha!

Liv: What do you mean what kind of top?? What would one POSSIBLY wear with the trashy miniskirt, fishnet stockings and stillettos but the leather bustier? I mean JEEZ, what kind of a girl do you think I am?!

Astronomer: I'm gonna plant that bug in his ear RIGHT NOW! :D

Sota: I know! But we're only in GC until 4pm so I doubt I'll be able to catch up with you guys. I know where to find you there, though! We are taking a stingray tour at 10:30am and I don't know how close we'll be cutting it to get back on the boat, might linger over a cocktail too long at Sr. Frog's and then miss the boat! Can't have that, then we couldn't hang out at Paradise Beach!

You folks know how to make a girl excited about her cruise!!

Archived