Beating A Dead Horse (or: "Resort Casual Clothes Question")

Sablerose

You guys are all cracking me up! Ha!

Liv: What do you mean what kind of top?? What would one POSSIBLY wear with the trashy miniskirt, fishnet stockings and stillettos but the leather bustier? I mean JEEZ, what kind of a girl do you think I am?!

Astronomer: I'm gonna plant that bug in his ear RIGHT NOW! :D

Sota: I know! But we're only in GC until 4pm so I doubt I'll be able to catch up with you guys. I know where to find you there, though! We are taking a stingray tour at 10:30am and I don't know how close we'll be cutting it to get back on the boat, might linger over a cocktail too long at Sr. Frog's and then miss the boat! Can't have that, then we couldn't hang out at Paradise Beach!

You folks know how to make a girl excited about her cruise!!

Liv: What do you mean what kind of top?? What would one POSSIBLY wear with the trashy miniskirt, fishnet stockings and stillettos but the leather bustier? I mean JEEZ, what kind of a girl do you think I am?!

Sota: I know! But we're only in GC until 4pm so I doubt I'll be able to catch up with you guys. I know where to find you there, though! We are taking a stingray tour at 10:30am and I don't know how close we'll be cutting it to get back on the boat, might linger over a cocktail too long at Sr. Frog's and then miss the boat! Can't have that, then we couldn't hang out at Paradise Beach!

Just wondering if you were taking the Buccaneer for your Stingray City tour? Myself and family are booked on that one and it leaves at 10:30. :)

Just wondering if you were taking the Buccaneer for your Stingray City tour? Myself and family are booked on that one and it leaves at 10:30. :)

Haha, well, I figured I'd better post up at some point since we're within a month. I'm the above woman's lesser half. Sorry it took me so long to join and post, I'm a slacker. So I hear we're going on some sort of cruise...
Yes I think you are going if you know what is good for you!..lol

Check post #13 I think it is for you..;)

By the sounds of it your going to be a tired man.. She has your week planed..lol

Enjoy:)

P.S. Sable I'm with Liv on this one!! Except for the corset,, I say Teddy for the top..lol:D

Haha, well, I figured I'd better post up at some point since we're within a month. I'm the above woman's lesser half. Sorry it took me so long to join and post, I'm a slacker. So I hear we're going on some sort of cruise...
Yes I think you are going if you know what is good for you!..lol

Check post #13 I think it is for you..;)

By the sounds of it your going to be a tired man.. She has your week planed..lol

Enjoy:)

P.S. Sable I'm with Liv on this one!! Except for the corset,, I say Teddy for the top..lol:D

Amazing that some bring out flame throwers on this, but here are my opinions about your question.

My family has sailed 6 times in the past 2 years and 10 in the past 15 years.

What we have found on our mass market cruises on RCCL and CCL is a trend towards more casual dress. This means fewer tuxedos, fewer long dresses, etc. We have seen stability in the decline, and have gone with the flow on most cruises.

For the smaller class Carnival vessels we've sailed (Celebration and Ecstasy) the dress was very relaxed. We saw jeans on both men and women every night, saw Dockers and polos on a big majority on most nights and then saw a wide variety on the formal night.

We dress up, and I wear a suit for the one night. I'm right in line with 95% of those that dress up for what is called formal night. I counted three tuxedo's in the formal night photo gallery when we went looking for photos the next morning.

Womens dress also is more relaxed, and pants were the norm for all meals.

Now, to the points that offend; while in ports, and for meals that follow a sail away I have worn in the past, and will do in the future a nice quality of shorts to dinner. It is usually hot, we are sunburned and I just do it. I know the posts that reflect peoples hidden anger to challenge and change someones behavior over time, but in the 5-7 nights I dine with you I doubt that will happen.

Let me cite examples of our cruise in June. We sailed the Rhapsody from Galveston, and shorts were the norm the first night.

The first formal night I wore a suit, and all men at our table of 8 did the same.

For the balance of the evening meals at main seating shorts were the choice for a very unscientific guess of 20% of the men under age 55. I am near 50, and wore starched khaki golf shorts and a collared polo shirt or like fashion. Some might call that resort casual. No one was ever challenged to go back and change.

I will not defend my choice, but I will defend the fact that I do not see how someone can argue that that causes harm to their vacation. I can say the same for those that smoke around us that are non-smokers. I know that people smoke on ships, and those that hold on to the glory days of formal nights with tuxedos and white gloves also know they are fighting a loosing battle.

The trends of freestyle dining on NCL and the premium dining choices will modify what the main dining room attire will be sooner that one thinks.

One thing remains, go on vacation! Drink some good wine with dinner, take a digital camera and make some life-long memories with new friends you meet onboard.

Don't let someone elses personal choice impact your investment of hard earned dollars spent on vacation ruin your time at sea.

You can agree or not, just buy me a drink on the Elation in 6 weeks and we can discuss the merits...

Take Care,

Lee in Houston

Liv: Would you recommend the fishnet stockings and the 6-inch stilettos with the stainless steel pinpoint heels?

I'd say a few well-placed piercings would accessorize that outfit nicely :p

-signed:

proud USAF Veteran who doesn't duck and run but doesn't blame you for it because war is hell ;)

If I was your husband, right after dinner I would march you back to the stateroom and make you remove all of it.

;)

Before or after the pankin'?:eek: :D

Piercings? Ears ok, belly...that's good too....but the others....I'm gettin' a no ;)

Archived