Belize

krogers2063

No AI beaches in Belize City area. Snorkeling beach break excursions to small cayes (islands), maya temple ruins, zip lining and cavetubing most popular choices. City tours and tour of the "zoo" which is more of an animal rehab facility, are also available.

Sorry, I can't help you. The only thing I want todo (and will do next time I'm there) is cave tubing. The only time we went there, once we got there, we were informed that due to heavy rains,the caves were flooded. So no cave tubing. I will make a return there to go cave tubing. :D:D:D

Recommendations for Belize? We don't want to do the cave tubing. Are there any all inclusive beach things we can do? We have thought about even just shopping and walking around. Any suggestions????

Shopping area is pretty small - there is a gate around the small port area and it can appear "rough" on the outside - not some place I would chose to shop and walk. There is an excursion to Altun Ha, with a river boat trip that we loved. Goff's Caye is tiny but a nice place to snorkel and relax for a few hours - but it is far from an AI!

We had a wonderful time with Experience Belize tour. We went to the Altun Ha ruins and they were pretty convenient to find from the port and very reasonable. They still rank probably the best tours that we have done while cruising.

We did a ziplining/cave tubing excursion. It was great! If you leave the fenced area to walk around, be careful. When we were returning to the port, we saw someone get mugged right next to our van outside the port. It explained why they kept us on the van until we were right at the entrance to the port. Belize is a beautiful country, so I would do something that takes you out of the immediate port area.

Sorry, I can't help you. The only thing I want todo (and will do next time I'm there) is cave tubing. The only time we went there, once we got there, we were informed that due to heavy rains,the caves were flooded. So no cave tubing. I will make a return there to go cave tubing. :D:D:D

Just whatever you do, DO NOT choose Dark Night for your cave tubing. We had the WORST experience with them and I've been telling everybody ever since that I'd rather have my body coated in honey and then a gallon bucket of fire ants dumped on me than do any activity offered by that particular company again.

I would highly recommend Altun Ha, but do it through the ship. Not a tour that I would suggest hiring on your own, even though we did. Altun Ha is still my very favorite ruins tour that we've done.

The area outside the fenced port area is a bit rough. Sometimes it really scares me.

Cave tubing is something I say I want to do, but the thought of large spiders in the caves tends to keep me on the ship. I admit I am a chicken and the spiders in Belize can be as big as a man's hand. (I've seen the spider holes while doing the ruins tour.)

Since Belize is a tender port, I usually don't get off of the ship unless I have plans.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

We will be traveling with my 91yr old Mom. She needs to see Belize and Honduras to cross off her 74/75th countries. She rides around in a transport chair, but can walk OK, Standing for any long periods is tough. Mahalo for any suggestions.

Tim

My neighbor has been on 4 cruises in the last year which should have stopped in Belize however did not.

Has anyone made it there recently?

I am about to book my excursion for two weeks from now and want to see what the likelihood of getting there is.

My neighbor has been on 4 cruises in the last year which should have stopped in Belize however did not.

Has anyone made it there recently?

I am about to book my excursion for two weeks from now and want to see what the likelihood of getting there is.

I haven't heard of that happening. At places like Great Stirrup Caye, yes. Belize, no.

Do you know what cruise line they were on?