Wrigley80's Carnival Elation Photo Review with the KREWE

wrigley80

Yay, another Wrigley80 review! Looking forward to meeting you on the Vista's inaugural run. I just might have to bring my chicken hat too (as my DW gives me a dirty look!) hee hee! Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure he'll be right along side you in spirit as you continue to cruise the world!

Brianna....tough sleep night so gave up and checked in. Can not express the lump in my throat and sadness at your news and loss of your dad. You and he took things head on...and had so much fun...what a role model you had to help on your decision to go. Looking forward to review, already fantastic and great dedication shots...sure many of us feel like he is our friend too.... on all your trips shared..so glad you have so many friends..just so hard...Hugs..Big hugs...and thanks for review...already a blast.

New Orleans is a dream on my list. I LOVE YOUR CRUISES AND PRE AND POST INFO!!! Much love and many continued prayers, I find as time moves on with mom..she is closer in spirit..my mileage..they truly never leave you in one way though tough while here...you are etched on his heart....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Brianna I have always loved your cruise reviews and am enjoying this one as well! So sorry to hear about your dads passing. The two of you had a very special bond that was beautiful to see. How wonderful that you can now look back at all your very well documented cruise adventures to relive and remember him. Blessings!!

Brianna, I love all your post and especially your special relationship with your Dad, I am

positive he is in a suite room on the best cruise in Heaven! Rejoice in your memories. I don't post often but felt you were most important I needed to convey my sympathy!

Edited by rich5258

Hi wrigley80/Brianna,

I just wanted to add first, while I have no plans currently to sail on the Elation, I am very much enjoying your review.

I am a little late to your audience, as the first review of yours was that of the Dream last year, which I found in my research for my cruise on the Dream that I finished on Sunday. I loved your style so much that I went to read your other reviews, and found the post notifying about your father's passing. I also want to say how sorry I am, as it was evident in your reviews how close you were, and how much fun you guys had. I will definitely miss reading about him in your reviews, but I think that you have created a beautiful tribute to him already by publishing the adventures that you have had. I am glad that you had your KREWE with you on this cruise, and am looking forward to reading more adventures from you guys!

As a sidenote, I see that you are on the inaugural cruise of the Vista-totally jealous!! I want to go, but I'm trying to justify the cost, so I will likely live vicariously through that review:)

Stacey

Thanks so much. Yeah cruising without my dad by my side was very different. If I wouldn't have had my KREWE with me on this cruise I don't think I would've gone. It would have been to hard so soon.

It's ok if you're late to the party [emoji6] what matters most is that you found your way over to the fun. I hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Dream. I am cruising on the Dream at the end of this month.

I have never been to Europe so I am really looking forward to our cruise on the Vista. I'm more looking forward to seeing the Vista and cruising for 13 days than I am for the ports. That review of the Vista will be a doozie when I return.

It may be, on the side has the "old", front "door". Those buried prior to my grandparents and Mom. When that gets full, they move it to the side and and a new "Front". It was the black front that caught my attention. These tombs are very old, If I remember, the first one on the side panel was buried in early 1800s. The Last one on the side panel is Cousin Ninnin, ( do not know her first name, just called her Cousin Ninnin), or her sister Maude. Their last name was Napir, (or Rapir).

They move the decomposed caskets and bones to a lower chamber to make room for more resent burials. When I was younger and my PawPaw was alive, we would pass by the Cemeteries and he would say, "Hey ours is over there, the one with the cross on it." It's a family joke. It was the side panel and black front which caught my attention.

I understand your empathy.

Great review!

Hey in Progresso, did you notice if Buddy's was open?

I always wondered what took place as more people in the family died. Thank you for sharing.

I will be back in New Orleans on January 27th. If you tell me where to go and what to look for I could get pictures for you in the cemetery.

I did not get off the ship in Progreso. I used that day onboard as a pool day

What a perfect way to pay tribute to your dad. I remember reading your reviews when I first signed up for Cruise Critics, and truly enjoyed reading them. What made it really special is that you cruised with your dad. I lost my dad on Christmas Day in 2003, and although I still miss him, the pain is not as great as it was before. Thanks for sharing your special dedication cruise with us.

Thank you. I truly had a special bond with my dad that not many daughters can say that they had. I was truly lucky and blessed.

I've been told by many that the pain of losing someone that you love will subside but you never get over it. I hope that is the case because now it feels like I will never be whole again without my dad

So I have now realized that is has been way too long since I visited New Orleans. I see a trip in my future!

Loving the review! I love the pics of food and the drinks.

Kim

Oh yeah you have to make it a point to get back to New Orleans. It is such a great city with great people.

The food and drinks are just a bonus [emoji6]

Yay, another Wrigley80 review! Looking forward to meeting you on the Vista's inaugural run. I just might have to bring my chicken hat too (as my DW gives me a dirty look!) hee hee! Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure he'll be right along side you in spirit as you continue to cruise the world!

Oh cool you're gonna be on the Vista inaugural cruise. I'll be on that cruise with Laura. The friend that is in these pics. We booked a Family Harbor interior room. I'm more excited to see the Vista than I am for the ports. The ports are just an added bonus.

Oh there can only be one chicken hat [emoji6][emoji215] just wait till you see the pics coming up of my chicken hat. And if you wear it your wife can give us both dirty looks [emoji12]

Thank you. My dad is on the best cruise right now

This is very sweet! I'm a daddy's girl, and really miss my dad, too. Glad that you were able to make the cruise, and honor him.

Thank you. I was truly a daddy's girl. We were very close. The loss of your best friend is devastating. Sorry for the loss of your dad as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. This is the perfect way to pay tribute to him. You are so lucky to have so many great friends. I'm really enjoying your review so far and cannot wait for more!

Thank you. I'm sure he is smiling down and enjoying the pictures from this cruise.

And you're so right I am truly blessed to have some amazing friends. If it wouldn't have been for them I don't know what I would've done. They have been there for me when no one else was.

The majority of my friends are friends that I met on cruises. So it's true that you really can meet lifelong friends on a cruise

Brianna....tough sleep night so gave up and checked in. Can not express the lump in my throat and sadness at your news and loss of your dad. You and he took things head on...and had so much fun...what a role model you had to help on your decision to go. Looking forward to review, already fantastic and great dedication shots...sure many of us feel like he is our friend too.... on all your trips shared..so glad you have so many friends..just so hard...Hugs..Big hugs...and thanks for review...already a blast.

New Orleans is a dream on my list. I LOVE YOUR CRUISES AND PRE AND POST INFO!!! Much love and many continued prayers, I find as time moves on with mom..she is closer in spirit..my mileage..they truly never leave you in one way though tough while here...you are etched on his heart....Sarah

Thank you Sarah. You always seem to have the perfect words to say. When I read your post this morning I had tears streaming down my face. My was truly my role model...I can't think of a better person to follow.

Brianna I have always loved your cruise reviews and am enjoying this one as well! So sorry to hear about your dads passing. The two of you had a very special bond that was beautiful to see. How wonderful that you can now look back at all your very well documented cruise adventures to relive and remember him. Blessings!!

Thank you. We did have a very special bond. I found myself doing that the other day...just sitting in my room and looking at cruising pictures to look at all the fun times that we had together. We shared so many fun times and made so many memories together

Brianna, I love all your post and especially your special relationship with your Dad, I am

positive he is in a suite room on the best cruise in Heaven! Rejoice in your memories. I don't post often but felt you were most important I needed to convey my sympathy!

Oh yeah I'm sure that he is enjoying his cruise in heaven with a Fun Ship special and a cheeseburger [emoji6]

Thank you so much for the post. It means a lot that you took the time to honor my dad

Looking forward to your continued review. NOLA is a port I've never cruised from but certainly is on the list! I am glad to see that you are going to try the Oasis on an upcoming cruise! Welcome to the Dark Side! Cheers.

Yay!! Another cruise report!

I want to start by saying once again I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I know you had a special relationship. I'm also happy to see you carry on and still travel and share with us, a very touching tribute to the man who raised a wonderful daughter! !

Love your review so far. NOLA is my favorite place as well. Spent 4 days there last Oct land only. This coming Oct we will be back a few days pre cruise. Never knew about City Park so thanks for the heads up :) we have always wanted to eat at Port Of Call but never make it. Maybe this time will he answer. Quick question about it though... is it kid friendly? We are taking my son and his kids so this time it will be interesting to keep it kid friendly.

Excited for the rest...

Looking forward to your continued review. NOLA is a port I've never cruised from but certainly is on the list! I am glad to see that you are going to try the Oasis on an upcoming cruise! Welcome to the Dark Side! Cheers.

Oh you have to cruise out of New Orleans. I had never been to New Orleans until just 2 years ago. We disembarked in New Orleans off the Carnival Dream repo cruise. I immediately fell in love with the city.

I feel like I'm cheating on Carnival. Still not sure yet if we are keeping that booking. [emoji6]

Yay!! Another cruise report!

I want to start by saying once again I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I know you had a special relationship. I'm also happy to see you carry on and still travel and share with us, a very touching tribute to the man who raised a wonderful daughter! !

Love your review so far. NOLA is my favorite place as well. Spent 4 days there last Oct land only. This coming Oct we will be back a few days pre cruise. Never knew about City Park so thanks for the heads up :) we have always wanted to eat at Port Of Call but never make it. Maybe this time will he answer. Quick question about it though... is it kid friendly? We are taking my son and his kids so this time it will be interesting to keep it kid friendly.

Excited for the rest...

Thank you so much. My dad was a wonderful person with such a big heart. I was the lucky one. I know that he would still want me to have fun with life. There's times when I feel like it's not possible to have fun again.

In all my previous trips to New Orleans I can't believe that I had never been to City Park before. It was a great stop for an hour or so just to walk around and get some pictures. Yeah Port of Call is kid friendly. There is a bar of course but go for lunch and you won't have a problem.

I have been enjoying your review so far, especially the photos (cant wait to go to NOLA). I will be on the Elation soon and wondered if there was a rock band in the Drama bar and if so what was the name of the band? Thanks!

I have been enjoying your review so far, especially the photos (cant wait to go to NOLA). I will be on the Elation soon and wondered if there was a rock band in the Drama bar and if so what was the name of the band? Thanks!

There was a band at night at the Drama Bar but I couldn't tell you if it was a rock band. We didn't go to much of the live music shows. I can tell you that we enjoyed the Piano guy at Dukes bar