Cove Balcony

bearsfan

We've had cove balconies on the Dream twice and really enjoyed them both times. We enjoy getting more shade than the regular balconies do, and we like to watch things down closer to the water.

They do get more salt spray than higher balconies, but we just wipe down the table and the arms of the chairs, then use our beach towels to cover the rest of the chairs.

We had one on the dream and absolutely loved it. Make sure it isn't under the galley. Ours was under the excursion desk and had no noise at all since that is closed at night. We had an extended balcony once (L shaped cabin) and the cove was my preferred room even over the bigger balcony. The sound of the ocean was great and these are the cheapest balcony rooms!!

Yes! I don't know why they are cheaper than regular balconies! (Shhh. I like it that way!). I had one on the Breeze, and absolutely LOVED it. Was talked into getting a regular balcony a year later on the dream, and the whole time I was wishing I was down on deck 2 in a cove balcony. Wise wise decision. Don't be talked out of it!!

The cove balconies are the only balconies we will shell out the extra money for. Otherwise, we book interior. You will LOVE the cove. But as someone mentioned above, double check that it isn't under the galley. We had one, and oh my! :eek::eek::eek: It sounded as though they were throwing pans onto the floor as hard as they could, all night long.

We had a cove balcony on the Dream and later on the Breeze and loved them both times. We were under the dining room, we heard chairs being moved around early morning and one evening we heard them singing but it wasn't all that bad. At night when we needed it quiet, it was and that's all that mattered to us. :)

Love the cove balcony. Twice on the Dream and once on the Breeze and once on the Magic. I sure will miss it on my next cruise since the ship only has regular balconies. Love being so close to the water and just sitting in your chair to watch the people coming back from shore. (we always get back one hour early)

Edited by peymas

I also loved our cove! I have been in 3 balconies: a cove, midway up, & way up high. Only the cove is worth the extra money, IMO. We were under the dining room, and didn't hear a thing, because it's empty all night long. We could barely hear a peep, if even that, when it was being used. I just wouldn't want one under the galley, as others have mentioned. Those run from the midship elevators on back. Stay forward of the midship elevators, and you'll be fine.