YC 16002 or 16003 Fantasia

missminnie

Hi All

We're considering a 7 night sailing from Genoa in September on MSC Fantasia. Thinking of booking YC this time and there are 2 cabins right at the front available - 16002 & 16003. Has anyone stayed in these and have any pictures or advice?

I've tried searching on the internet for reviews but cannot locate anything so any help appreciated.

All other cabins available in YC are down each of the sides.

Thanks

Hi All

We're considering a 7 night sailing from Genoa in September on MSC Fantasia. Thinking of booking YC this time and there are 2 cabins right at the front available - 16002 & 16003. Has anyone stayed in these and have any pictures or advice?

I've tried searching on the internet for reviews but cannot locate anything so any help appreciated.

All other cabins available in YC are down each of the sides.

Thanks

Here is what the balcony probably looks like (this image is actually Divina). There are some differences between Fantasia and Divina particularly when it comes to the design of balconies on the front hump.

Friends who had a deck 16 cabin like this on Divina commented that it was almost impossible to use the balcony , in comfort, if they were cruising at the time because of the wind and they certainly had problems if the patio door and cabin door were open at the same time.

They also remarked that a view down to the sea was difficult because of the metal wind deflector and the fact you couldn't get far enough forward because of the safety barrier.

The final remark they made was that they preferred side-facing cabins to the one at the front.

that is their opinion which may be agreed with or ignored as you see fit.

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

Pete

Thanks Pete

You just confirmed our concerns so thanks for the information. We booked 15013 in the end as do like a clear view out to sea.

That's the exact suite we had

Here are a few photos of it

P1020617.jpg

P1020616.jpg

P1020618.jpg

P1020619.jpg

P1020620.jpg

cont...................

Thanks Pete

You just confirmed our concerns so thanks for the information. We booked 15013 in the end as do like a clear view out to sea.

You made the right decision! I was in 16003 on Splendida - the balcony was a huge disappointment. I'd never book a forward-facing cabin again.

Thanks Pete - at least it gives us some idea of what the cabin may be like. Looking forward to our first YC experience. We were initially looking at inside but the YC was only approx £400 more pp so thought why not given we'll be sailing on my birthday.

Thanks Bea - I like you was hoping the balcony would have been far better with a great view as you came into ports but looking at Pete's photo's it prob one of the worst balconies we've seen for the level of cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise, missminnie. I'm sure you'll love your YC experience. It really is as good as the reviews say!

Thanks Bea

Really looking forward to it. Had a look to refresh my memory on the Black Voyager benefits and looks like I'll get a birthday cake and card too! Yum!