Dynamic Dining Classic is it real or a myth.

AdvGirl

Now I may be wrong but I can not remember any reviews of the Anthem since it hit the US for its new home port in New Jersey mention of anyone using Dynamic Dining Classic (DDC) - the one where you rotate venues and your server rotates with you and you eat at same time every nite. Kind of like Classic MDR dinning but dinning room changes every nite. :cool:

I am wait listed for DDC, but so far still on the new Dynamic Dinning - beginning to wonder if it is a myth :rolleyes:

So if you have been on Anthem, and were on the Dynamic Dining Classic dinner rotation I would love to hear how it worked. :D

Edited by AdvGirl

Now I may be wrong but I can not remember any reviews of the Anthem since it hit the US for its new home port in New Jersey mention of anyone using Dynamic Dining Classic (DDC) - the one where you rotate venues and your server rotates with you and you eat at same time every nite. Kind of like Classic MDR dinning but dinning room changes every nite. :cool:

I am wait listed for DDC, but so far still on the new Dynamic Dinning - beginning to wonder if it is a myth :rolleyes:

So if you have been on Anthem, and were on the Dynamic Dining Classic dinner rotation I would love to hear how it worked. :D

I am signed up for it. Not sailing for awhile though. I was wait listed couple weeks before it was assigned

I am signed up for it. Not sailing for awhile though. I was wait listed couple weeks before it was assigned

I may of missed the boat on getting DDC - requested about 2 months out. Even if I do not get it looking forward to hearing the reviews. :cool::D

We did the late seating (i think it was 8:30) of DD Classic on the 12/12 cruise.

We really enjoyed it. We had liked dynamic dining on quantum, but missed having the same servers each night, so this was like the best of both worlds - we got to rotate and try the different restaurants, but kept the same waitstaff each night, who were great.

Another benefit was that you didn't have to wait online outside the complementary restaurants. Even people with reservations had to wait for a bit to get a table number assigned. But those of us on classic knew our table numbers, so after the first night they told us to just skip the line and go in and sit. The table was in the same basic location in each restaurant, so we were able to find it pretty easily.

Dinner was still long - for our party of 5 it generally took about 2 hours - but one night we needed to get out early and just told them when we were seated and our servers made it happen.

To be honest, we had major issues with the food on anthem - quality was just poor, and i wasn't thrilled with the selections - but that had nothing to do with our servers or the "classic" experience.

The only downside for us was that, because we didn't really like the food in the complementary restaurants, we might have gone to alternative venues or ordered room service more often, but we felt like we should show up since our servers were expecting us. probably silly, but we did skip two nights (once for coastal kitchen, once for chops), and our servers seemed kind of bummed (we told them beforehand so they could use our table for other parties). if you're fine with the food in the 4 main restaurants, though, i think classic is a great experience.

We did the late seating (i think it was 8:30) of DD Classic on the 12/12 cruise.

We really enjoyed it. We had liked dynamic dining on quantum, but missed having the same servers each night, so this was like the best of both worlds - we got to rotate and try the different restaurants, but kept the same waitstaff each night, who were great.

Another benefit was that you didn't have to wait online outside the complementary restaurants. Even people with reservations had to wait for a bit to get a table number assigned. But those of us on classic knew our table numbers, so after the first night they told us to just skip the line and go in and sit. The table was in the same basic location in each restaurant, so we were able to find it pretty easily.

Dinner was still long - for our party of 5 it generally took about 2 hours - but one night we needed to get out early and just told them when we were seated and our servers made it happen.

To be honest, we had major issues with the food on anthem - quality was just poor, and i wasn't thrilled with the selections - but that had nothing to do with our servers or the "classic" experience.

The only downside for us was that, because we didn't really like the food in the complementary restaurants, we might have gone to alternative venues or ordered room service more often, but we felt like we should show up since our servers were expecting us. probably silly, but we did skip two nights (once for coastal kitchen, once for chops), and our servers seemed kind of bummed (we told them beforehand so they could use our table for other parties). if you're fine with the food in the 4 main restaurants, though, i think classic is a great experience.

If I am reading between the lines correctly - Dynamic Dining improved the service but the food was the food at what ever restaurant you ate.

I am like you on other ships when I skipped the main dinning room in favor of a specialty restaurant I told my waiters - they also seemed bummed. On one cruise me and my spouse went to chops and sent my 13 and 10 year old to the Main Dinning room. It was a win win - the kids loved being the center of attention in the main dinning room and we had a nice romantic dinner minus kids. The wait staff knew ahead of time what was going on and really gave our kids a great experience. :D:cool:

. if you're fine with the food in the 4 main restaurants, though, i think classic is a great experience.

I agree with you. I love having the same staff every night.

Our staff was great and would have our drinks on the table when we arrived. They came to know our likes and dislikes and

it made the experience special. This is how Disney does their dining and I think it is great

I have the DDC on my Jan. 25 sailing(late seating). However, out of the 12 nights, 4 of them we'll be in a different restaurant. One night we're eating in Chops, another in Wonderland, another in Devinly(ooppss - I mean Solarium Bistro), and we're doing one night in the Windjammer(likely our day in Cozumel).

Our experience was the same as karmacats for our 12/19 cruise. However, we were assigned Classic late for 8:30pm. But before cruising, I reserved the first night and the last 2 nights at Coastal Kitchen. It worked out well, since we tipped our Classic server on night 6 and then tipped our CK server on night 8. They were both very thankful.

The only major disappointment was Silk. But food overall has declined.

Note: When we checked the menus on the tv they did not correspond to what we had that night. It would be best if they posted the menu that would be available for each night based on the rotation assignment. And it would be very helpful if you knew your assignment before cruising so you could make reservations for any specialty restaurants if you did not like the menu for a certain night.

Also, the head waiter said changes may be in the works sometime in the Spring. No other details. He did say they know there are many complaints.

Great ship.

Our experience was the same as karmacats for our 12/19 cruise.

The only major disappointment was Silk. But food overall has declined.

Note: When we checked the menus on the tv they did not correspond to what we had that night. It would be best if they posted the menu that would be available for each night based on the rotation assignment. And it would be very helpful if you knew your assignment before cruising so you could make reservations for any specialty restaurants if you did not like the menu for a certain night.

Also, the head waiter said changes may be in the works sometime in the Spring. No other details. He did say they know there are many complaints.

Great ship.

I have hear that a few times the menu is different from what is showing and what is actually served..do they have the menus posted outside restaurant ? lots of complaints about Silk. I am glad they are aware of the complaints but why not addressing until spring ?

I have hear that a few times the menu is different from what is showing and what is actually served..do they have the menus posted outside restaurant ? lots of complaints about Silk. I am glad they are aware of the complaints but why not addressing until spring ?

I'm not sure if they were posted or not. We were so busy on this ship, I never checked. We did have a great cruise. Dining was just the only thing that could have been better, but we never left hungry.

The guy we were talking to was fairly new to Anthem. In fact, he came from Oceania Cruise Line and our waiter was just sent to Anthem from Freedom. She apparently had no choice and she loved the Freedom. Even our waiter in Coastal Kitchen came from another cruise line. My impression of why things are not accomplished faster is the same as any big company~~too many levels of authority.

If I am reading between the lines correctly - Dynamic Dining improved the service but the food was the food at what ever restaurant you ate.

I am like you on other ships when I skipped the main dinning room in favor of a specialty restaurant I told my waiters - they also seemed bummed. On one cruise me and my spouse went to chops and sent my 13 and 10 year old to the Main Dinning room. It was a win win - the kids loved being the center of attention in the main dinning room and we had a nice romantic dinner minus kids. The wait staff knew ahead of time what was going on and really gave our kids a great experience. :D:cool:

That's a great experience for your kids. They were old enough to have the experience and then got to enjoy the personalized attention.

We're booked for DD classic late on our April Anthem cruise. One night we have reservations in Jaime's and we'll of course let the waitstaff know. We're looking forward to the new ship and the menu's will be what they are.

Edited by BND

I agree with Robin that Classic dining is a good choice for those who like having the same waitstaff each night. I also did not have to wait on line on the 11/30 cruise. I was not, however, as wowed by the food on Anthem as I had been on Quantum. Katherine