Question about In-Suite Dining

RumpunchGirl

We are in a OS and are wondering how the in-suite dining works. How far in advance should we request this? Let's say, we have some issue, and want to dine in at the last minute, is this possible? Never had this perk before, not sure I would even need it, just curious. Thanks!

You would place the order with your butler. He/she will handle all food requests. You will get your butler's phone number so you can call with the request if the butler isn't somewhere around. We did this several times on our last cruise and the butler just started bringing the main dining room menus to us each evening so we could decide if we wanted to eat in the suite.

Carrie

Edited by cml4958

Call your Butler and place your order. It might take a bit of time but they will handle it. It is much better to give them a bit of notice (couple of hours), but they will make it happen with no notice. You will not receive course by course service as you would in the restaurant, he/she will set up the whole meal at once.

Edited by rvsullivan

Give your butler a heads up a couple hours ahead of time, since it is likely that they are juggling several suites and make have other dining requests. Our butler stayed in the suite during most of the meal -- replenishing drinks, serving each course, clearing dishes -- but others would serve all of the food at once and then dash off to another room/request.

Another question about in suite dining. We have UDP and we may want our dinner from Cagney's served to us in our suite. Wondering if our assumption is correct. There will be no additional charge for this dinner.

We will , of course, tip our butler at end of cruise to reflect service from him.

Give your butler a heads up a couple hours ahead of time, since it is likely that they are juggling several suites and make have other dining requests. Our butler stayed in the suite during most of the meal -- replenishing drinks, serving each course, clearing dishes -- but others would serve all of the food at once and then dash off to another room/request.

I think your personalized service is not the norm. No big deal for us though.

I think your personalized service is not the norm. No big deal for us though.

Never been our experience to have the butler hover in our suite while we ate, and not sure I would even like for him to. Maybe for someone in a DOS or a Garden Villa, othewise I would think pretty rare. We had occasion to be invited to a Garden Villa a couple times and were very surprised to see both the Butler and Concierge hovering in the the small butler's panty area of the suite each time we were there.

Edited by punkincc

We are in a OS and are wondering how the in-suite dining works. How far in advance should we request this? Let's say, we have some issue, and want to dine in at the last minute, is this possible? Never had this perk before, not sure I would even need it, just curious. Thanks!

The OS your referring to is the Haven Owners Suite ???

Wow! this sounds wonderful. Wea are traveling with 2 other couples, all of in suites in the same hallway. Most likely we will dine at the MDRs and the specialties, but this is very good info to have. Thanks!:D

Don't forget you can also order breakfast to be served in your room or on the balcony, anything you like from omlets to French toast. You can order for any number of people and take turns "hosting" if you like. This is very nice on a lazy sea day, or on those mornings you have an early excursion. We wrote out our breakfast order the night before, hung it on the door card with the specified time, and then we were free to "get ready" while our food was being prepared and delivered.

We were in a forward H4 on the Getaway this past xmas.

We questioned our bulter about it. He told us that to just let him know what we wanted and what time and he'd take care of it. He did caution us that often times the main course would be on the cold side by the time we got it, though, so we didn't bother with it.

My main course has never been cold. Just sounds like Mr. Butler wanted to dissuade you. What a shame. You should definitely go for it next time.

I agree, there is no reason for the food to be cold. If it is picked up hot, it shouldn't get cold along the way (the plates are covered).

Never been our experience to have the butler hover in our suite while we ate, and not sure I would even like for him to. Maybe for someone in a DOS or a Garden Villa, othewise I would think pretty rare. We had occasion to be invited to a Garden Villa a couple times and were very surprised to see both the Butler and Concierge hovering in the the small butler's panty area of the suite each time we were there.

:eek:;):D

we have only done breakfast in suite and the food was delivered on time and hot. The Butler spread out a table cloth, and set out the plates, removed the covers and left.

On our next cruise we may use this on some of our early port days - and perhaps for some dinners.

Never had a problem with suite dining....food always delivered hot and on time. We eat all breakfasts, most lunches and a few dinners in our suite and our butler is tipped accordingly. We're on the Getaway 1/17 and don't anticipate any problems having our food delivered hot and on time!

Perhaps that was the reason. We were in a DOS, but we were dining with family members who were in a family suite down the hall. Though both our butler and theirs coordinated to bring dinner to the suite, it was our butler who stuck around and attended to us throughout the meal.

Typically our butler would deliver the food and leave. We are in the DOS on the Escape this time and I really don't want the butler to feel obligated to stay and watch us eat lol. The food was always hot when delivered. The main course even stayed hot while we ate appetizers. In-Suite dining is one of my favorite perks.

Don't forget you can also order breakfast to be served in your room or on the balcony, anything you like from omlets to French toast. You can order for any number of people and take turns "hosting" if you like. This is very nice on a lazy sea day, or on those mornings you have an early excursion. We wrote out our breakfast order the night before, hung it on the door card with the specified time, and then we were free to "get ready" while our food was being prepared and delivered.

This is a great idea. We booked the Lamanai tour through NCL and I think we will probably be one of the 1st to tender that day. So having my breakfast brought to my room will be great.

Last time we were in OS on Dawn they had all the specialty menus in the room but not the MDRs.

I read somewhere on CC that when we arrive the first day we should ask our Butler to bring us the MDR menus for the week. We bought the UDP for 4 nights. When we booked (June 2014) NCL wasn't offer any of the things they are now. We've always enjoyed the MDRs in the past and want to check them out.

The main dining room menus change daily. Your butler can bring you the menu every day once it is posted. That is what our's did - every afternoon we would get the menu unless we had already made reservations for somewhere else.

Carrie