Hotels in Monte Carlo/Barcelona and Limousine Service

lookingtorelax12

Hi, We are taking the Seabourn Cruise on the Sojourn Oct 6 - 17, 2016 Monte Carlo and ending in Barcelona. This is our first cruise ever. Wanted to see if there were other recommended hotels in either location and a reasonable limousine service to get us from the airport in Nice to the hotel and the ship and then back from ship to hotel to airport in Barcelona. I understand Seabourn can arrange as well, but wanted to compare other options as well. Thank you for any information. This site is a great way to gain knowledge and information.

Regards,

lookingtorelax12

We've used this fellow & have already booked him again in April: Walter Mena @ blu Riviera e-mail is blurivieradot fr. and you have to put in the spaces (Can't do "plugs" on this board. He was very punctual, courteous & speaks perfect English. We're staying in Nice at La Perouse. If anyone has stayed there, would love to hear your thoughts. In MC, you couldn't get any closer to the port than the Fairmont...you'd be able to see the ship dock from your room.

While the helicopter sounds like fun, I'm scared to death of them !

You couldn't have picked a better line with whom to take your very first cruise. You'll be spoiled forever. Do you have a "referral coupon" to get your $400 on board credit since you are a first time cruiser?

Happy Sailing !

Hi, We are taking the Seabourn Cruise on the Sojourn Oct 6 - 17, 2016 Monte Carlo and ending in Barcelona. This is our first cruise ever. Wanted to see if there were other recommended hotels in either location and a reasonable limousine service to get us from the airport in Nice to the hotel and the ship and then back from ship to hotel to airport in Barcelona. I understand Seabourn can arrange as well, but wanted to compare other options as well. Thank you for any information. This site is a great way to gain knowledge and information.

Regards,

lookingtorelax12

We stayed three nights at the Hotel DO in Barcelona prior to a Crystal Cruise in 2014. It was a wonderful experience. Not too large, very nice amenities, great breakfast with menu service included as well as buffet. Our room overlooked the Placa Reial which was a wonderful place to watch the activity which goes on all night. We left the windows open all night and the noise did not bother us, but most reviewers report that the windows block out the noise when closed.

We've used this fellow & have already booked him again in April: Walter Mena @ blu Riviera e-mail is blurivieradot fr. and you have to put in the spaces (Can't do "plugs" on this board. He was very punctual, courteous & speaks perfect English. We're staying in Nice at La Perouse. If anyone has stayed there, would love to hear your thoughts. In MC, you couldn't get any closer to the port than the Fairmont...you'd be able to see the ship dock from your room.

While the helicopter sounds like fun, I'm scared to death of them !

You couldn't have picked a better line with whom to take your very first cruise. You'll be spoiled forever. Do you have a "referral coupon" to get your $400 on board credit since you are a first time cruiser?

Happy Sailing !

Thank you for the reply. I have a couple of clarification questions. Yes we do have a referral coupon from one of my colleagues who went on a Seabourn cruise with his wife and loved it.

1. email is walter_mema@bluriviera.fr? He is located in MC or Nice? reasonable? Takes you from the hotel to the port and/or back?

2. How far is Nice from MC?

3. Stayed at the Fairmont? Opinion?

Again thank you for your time, knowledge and opinion. It is appreciated.

Last year we stayed at the Grand Marina (pre cruise) and saw our Seabourne dock the next morning right outside our room!! Very convenient and beautiful hotel :)

Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated. I have a couple of followup questions then. We were offered some hotels in MC and Barcelona, but wanted to see what others thought and compare prices. We were offered in Barcelona: Majestic Hotel and Spa and the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona. Both are recommended, but we wanted to compare other hotels as well. They do offer the transfers and free breakfasts with the rooms.

1. The Grand Marina has a shuttle or is walkable from the hotel in Barcelona? Reasonably priced and you would stay there again?

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this area as this is our first time and first time trying to navigate this website which contains a lot of information.

Again, thank you for your advice, knowledge and time. It is appreciated.

lookingtorelax12

You could always use the helicopters to get from Nice to Monaco airport where I believe they offer a "free" transfer to your hotel in Monte Carlo. A bit more scenic than the limo IMO.

Thank you for the information. I was not aware of that and had not considered that. Will research that and see what my partner thinks. Again, thank you.

lookingtorelax12

In Barcelona, we usually stay at the Hesperia Presidente on the Diagonal. Reasonably priced and the rooms are fine. The hotel is not located in a touristy area which suits us perfectly but is close to shops and plenty of good restaurants.

The fellow's name who drives you is Walter Mena. Easiest to go to the website blurivieradotfr and click on "enquire". You fill out the form & he will get back to you quickly...he always has. I see on his e-mails to us that he uses contactdotblurivieraatgmail - just change the word dot to a real one & space correctly. Hope that works for you.

We've never stayed in M/C...just Nice. About Barcelona, we've stayed at both El Palace & Le Meridien & liked both very much but Palace is a very,very special hotel oozing with charm & it's in a great location. But there are so many wonderful hotels & everyone has a favorite. Be sure & check out tripadvisor. If you have time there, I can whole heartedly recommend a fabulous walking food tour from Devour Barcelona. You don't need a private transfer in BCN from the ship-hotel-airport as taxis are cheap & readily available. The port is close to Ramblas & not far from any of the hotels people have mentioned. While you'll be sad to disembark, you'll fall in love with Barcelona too. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated. I have a couple of followup questions then. We were offered some hotels in MC and Barcelona, but wanted to see what others thought and compare prices. We were offered in Barcelona: Majestic Hotel and Spa and the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona. Both are recommended, but we wanted to compare other hotels as well. They do offer the transfers and free breakfasts with the rooms.

1. The Grand Marina has a shuttle or is walkable from the hotel in Barcelona? Reasonably priced and you would stay there again?

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this area as this is our first time and first time trying to navigate this website which contains a lot of information.

Again, thank you for your advice, knowledge and time. It is appreciated.

lookingtorelax12

We walked to Las Ramblas from the hotel to find wonderful restaurants. Not a long walk. Then you are right at dock to board or exit from ship. Concierge had our luggage taken right to ship.

Monaco is about 25 km from Nice. Taxi approx 100euro. Port Palace hotel in Monaco is right on the water and almost directly opposite is a small cross Harbour ferry which takes you to the embarkation terminal. Or it's a taxi ride around the Harbour which the hotel will organize.

You could always use the helicopters to get from Nice to Monaco airport where I believe they offer a "free" transfer to your hotel in Monte Carlo. A bit more scenic than the limo IMO.

I am doing Monte Carlo- Lisbon In April. I booked the Metropole.

My question is for Emperor Norton. I do want to do the helicopter, but luggage is a concern. I will bring a large bag -no more then 50#, but also a fairly large carrier on. How strict are they with the baggage allowance? I have looked on the website, but would prefer a 1st hand account

Bay hotel is not bad in Monaco neither

pre or post a cruise Monaco - i always take hotels in Nice

Exedra or Beau Rivage ( close to flower market - four starred )

best reputation in Nice for the moment is Hyatt Palace but ecen in off season pricey .