VOOM on Allure

Is there a discount if you do 2? DH and I will be on Allure together and I want to be able to text back and forth. Plus check e-mails for work

Yes, there is. It's $22.50 for 2 devices and 2 persons...plus there are various discounts for different Crown & Anchor levels....of course, that is true for the single device as well.

Edit: That is...$22.50 per person, per day

Edited by RFerrington

We are going on allure in February and I was curious,

#1 If we wait to sign up for the internet package on Day 2 (first morning at sea) can we still get the $22.50 discounted 2 device rate for days 2-7/8 or at that point are we paying the single day rate because we didn't sign up on day 1?

#2 Anyone have any idea of how long after leaving port in fort lauderdale you lose cell signal? Obviously it will depend on the carrier, but I was thinking if we will be able to use our phones for an hour or so after sail away I really don't have any need for the internet day 1.

Quick Question SarahLeeBones regarding VOOM:

When you say you were able to call home through Google, do you mean Google Voice on a smartphone (through Google Hangouts?) And by home do you mean to Canada?

The reason I am asking is that I am new to Google Voice and I understand that US/Canada calling is free for them, but I wasnt sure if this was the case whilst using VOOM onboard...

Many thanks for your shared insights.

Airbus_guy - from Toronto, Canada

OK - I've successfully downloaded hangouts on both my cruise phones (two old galaxies with no sim card). Tested the calling feature to a landline through wifi and it worked no issues. So yes, google hangouts will work!

OK, so if I am D+ I should wait to book this on board. Cruise Planner is quoting me $15/day for 1 device... it sounds like I will have a D+ discount if I wait.

Bob ?

Correct, wait to book your internet package onboard to get your C&A discount.

• 1 month later...

My discount sheet for D+ showed $60 discount or 2 free days. Internet cost on Anthem for one device is $15 per day. So when I signed up it offered me that package for free. (Since we are only on for 3 days = $45).

Edited by MattInFLL