Puerto Vallarta

Calgary Couple

Does anyone know of a good beach for snorkling and swimming with kids that is close to the cruise ship terminal in Puerto Vallarta?? Thanks for any info:)

You can easily book an excursion at the pier for snorkling which will take you out to the big rock formation,but there are no spots near the pier due to a lot of boat traffic. The kids should also be good swimmers as we as adults many years ago have trouble with the waves.

I personally would not waste my money on an excursion of sort in PV.

You also have to be careful of undertow at the beaches and all the hotels will have red flags up.

Overall just not the greatest water for snorkeling in PV.

We have been going to PV for years for two to three months at a time and always rent a car to go far away from town for swimming and snorkeling.

What other ports r u doing and maybe I or someone can suggest which one(s) for snorkeling.

Does anyone know of a good beach for snorkling and swimming with kids that is close to the cruise ship terminal in Puerto Vallarta?? Thanks for any info:)

I am presently in Puerto Vallarta for the winter but I don't snorkel or go to the beach much so I can't advise. What you should do is ask your question under the "Ports of Call" section on cruise critic - there is a section called "Mexican Riviera" under the ports of call and someone will surely be able to give you advice. You might list the other ports you are visiting and they may be able to tell you where the best place to go for snorkeling.

Wendy

Edited by mexico8

FranknBeans....Thank you so much for the info, it will be helpful. We are also going to Cabo and MZT. We have been to all these ports a few times before, so we were just basically looking for something to do for the kids. Thanks again

Edited by Calgary Couple

Also ordering pizza there can get you arrested and deported

I read your post and couldn't understand what you were saying and then......it's like a light bulb turned on in my head! I get it now. :D

Thanks for the chuckle even though it took me a while.:rolleyes:

Hello,

With all the crushing we've done its in PV we decided to buy our home away from home as we fell in love with the port and people there.

I don't suggest you doing any snorkeling in the area when of the cruise ship as all the near beaches are not worth it for snorkeling.

If you really want to have a nice day with the kids I suggest you do the Pirate ship if times permit.

If not when you walk out the terminal on your right take a little walkway after the shops that will lead you directly to the beach.

When you had enough go back to the street grab a taxi 15 min max 10$ to old town or bus it 20 min 1$.

If you take the bus take anyone that says Centro a tell driver you want to go in old town.

To come back any bus that says Walmart will bring you back in front of the cruise ship terminal.

Old town is beautiful with lots of restaurant and shopping.

If you want to eat cheap go to Panchos Tacos and order the El Pastor tacos.

If you need more info I'm here.

Love PV.

Sea ya

Eric