New Chic dress codes on Summit

bman3122

"I wear what I want. I like packing less. I don't care what others wear. I don't care what others think of what I'm wearing. The food tastes just as good, or bad. I enjoy the company of my family/friends while on vacation. It's all good".

No offence intended but doesn't your post sound just a bit self centered :rolleyes:? Minimum dress codes as well as cruise ship rules, either suggested or written in stone, are not designed to anger you or anyone else.

Would you yell fire in a theater because you want to or because you don't care about others in the theater? Your cavalier attitude toward staying within the simple guidelines of a MDR dress code is kind of like 'flipping off' the patrons in that MDR that made an effort. Sadly, it is not exclusive to just you.

I bet you would feel a bit put upon if your waiter decided to wear whatever he wanted each night ('hey! I paid good money for this cruise (guess what - we all did) and I don't want my waiter serving me, my family and friends in nasty old jeans, flipflops and a grubby old bandanna'). Cruise ship staff are not slaves. They are hard working people that like being shown a little respect as do those around you that made an effort to dress appropriately for dinner. I hope I'm not in the minority but a cruise need not be a stay at Buckingham Palace but neither should it be a few days in an amusement park with propellers.

End of rant :).

I always find this conversation amusing. People who still dress in tuxedos and prom dresses or MOD dresses seem to think that everyone else will show up in dirty, ripped jeans, wifebeater shirts, trucker hats, just like they walked out of Walmart to the MDR.

And the "make an effort" comments… :roll eyes:

Just because some bathe, dry their hair, put on clean clothes that the cruise line allows them to wear into the MDR but does not match what you chose to wear does not mean they did not "make an effort"…

Most lines say "suggest" now, not "code" or "require", so be careful when you criticize someone for not dressing up to "your" standards.