Does the deck matter?

MCruising16

Noise mostly comes from the hallway so it's nice if people refrain from talking as they walk. As one mom reminded her kids " quiet , we are walking past people's bedrooms".

I prefer the front of the ship since few people are walking past to go anywhere.

Noise mostly comes from the hallway so it's nice if people refrain from talking as they walk. As one mom reminded her kids " quiet , we are walking past people's bedrooms".

I prefer the front of the ship since few people are walking past to go anywhere.

I was first cabin on deck 10 didn't even hear the neighbours get back to their room or the workers loved it the middle would get everyone walking past etc

I'm talking about which deck your room is on. Looking at cruising Royal Caribbean, first time, will be doing interior room.

Some disclaimers. I am a relative newbie myself, have never stayed in an interior cabin, have no particular issue with ship motion daytime or nighttime. And I have no mobility issues.

Taking into account the above, for what it is worth my recommendation would be for a middle-of-the-ship cabin, possibly slightly higher than middle deck. This location will have all of the motion dampening advantages that others speak of, but, more importantly in my view, it will mean that you will have to walk a long way to get anyplace. And that is a good thing. If I were in an Interior cabin, I would be particularly interested in a position 3-4 decks below the nearest open space up top. Three to four floors is a good climb up the stairs, but not so much as to tempt you to take the elevator. But I would definitely want to get up and out to open air. On Adventure of the Seas, being on deck 7 or 8 gave us a reasonable climb up to the pool deck or down to the open space on deck 4. Being mid-ship on AoS meant we had a hike toward the bow or stern whenever we did anything. The walking and stair climbing at least partially counteracts the extra calories from the multiple courses of good food being served up.

Ships have noise. You can bring $.50 earplugs. I get tired enough I can sleep through anything. Maybe you need to do relaxation exerecises. I could sleep in a bunk, in a truck, at 70 MPH in AZ on old 66 when stuff would bounce off the dashboard and the front wheels came off the ground on bridges. You would wake with a Indian rub on your head. Good ol days before airride.