Specialty Restaurant & Prepaid Gratuities

I know this is crazy, but we booked specialty dinning, every night on Oasis. I am prepared to tip the waiters every night! My question is do my prepaid gratuities go to the three waiters in the MDR who we will never see? Do the gratuities get split with the specialty dinning waiters? Or should I try to cancel the prepaid, and tip the cabin steward in cash? Thanks in advance! :D:confused:

My question is do my prepaid gratuities go to the three waiters in the MDR who we will never see?

This is the thing - you will see them, just not at night in the MDR. Every waiter, assistant waiter, and head waiter takes their turn working in other venues, such as the Windjammer buffet. We have seen all of our wait staff working elsewhere on the ship.

Your gratuities are split among several people and they include the cabin steward as well as the three I've mentioned. My suggestion is to leave the auto or prepaid grats in place, and if you wish you may tip extra to those whom have provided you with excellent service. In the specialty restaurants, there will be a space provided for you on the bill where you can fill in a tip on top of your service charge (strictly a personal decision), or you can pay one lump sum in cash to your cabin steward at the end of the cruise (this is what we do).

Enjoy Oasis.