Gem 10 Night from NYC:Questions

tinadago

Hi. My BFF and I are sailing in Feb for 10 nights. I have a few questions.

1. I saw a link earlier but I can't seem to find it again. The complimentary Dining package. What does it include? I thought I read 5 nights?

2. I assume that for 10 night cruise, there will be 2 formal nights. Anyone know which nights?

Thank you....

Hi. My BFF and I are sailing in Feb for 10 nights. I have a few questions.

1. I saw a link earlier but I can't seem to find it again. The complimentary Dining package. What does it include? I thought I read 5 nights?

2. I assume that for 10 night cruise, there will be 2 formal nights. Anyone know which nights?

Thank you....

No formal nights. On NCL the dress code is Resort Casual, although you can dress up, or not, any evening.

Complimentary Dining? Did you receive a dining package? If so it's likely 5 meals in a specialty restaurant per 10 days.

Never (A$$ U me) assume anything on NCL, it can be quite different than what you expect compared to other cruise lines. Plus, ensure that you read the Terms & Conditions for any and all Amenities you receive since they can be a bit tricky to understand.

Ask any questions specific to your cruise, sure someone will answer, no problems...

Cheers..

Oh, and by the way...

THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN

:D:D

Oh, and by the way...

THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN THE SLIDE ISN'T OPEN

:D:D

The Gem has become the worst ship on any cruise line.

A floating monstrosity of depression and sadness.

It needs to be scrapped and left in that ship graveyard in Bangladesh for the scavengers to pick apart.

It needs to be scrapped and left in that ship graveyard in Bangladesh for the scavengers to pick apart.

I hope and assume you are being sarcastic as the Gem is my favorite ship:D

The Gem is a GEM, and Iam very much looking forward to boarding her again Feb. 1.

We'll see you on the ship!

We were on the 10 day sailing last year and liked it so much that we booked it again for this year.

The slide is a bummer for us because I fall into the category of having a little child who was looking forward to it. He's 4 1/2 and last year had a total blast going on the slide over and over and over. It's not a complete deal breaker but it is a bummer for us as it was one of the activities he could do and really have fun with. He'll get over it though, hot tubs here we come!

HA!! ;)

We're also on the February 1 sailing of the Gem, I suppose we'll all somehow manage without the water slide. :rolleyes:

Edited by the_monkey

Hate to bring up a potentially sore second subject.... but does anyone know if the rock climbing wall is functional?

Yes I have heard that the rock climbing was is up and running, I can't wait I will be climbing up it in a week :)

Well maybe I'll have to wait until we hit warmer weather :D

the gem has become the worst ship on any cruise line.

It needs to be scrapped and left in that ship graveyard in bangladesh for the scavengers to pick apart.

LOL, I agree!!!

Edited by bbryan5

?????? because the slide is not open??? give me a break, what a lousy thing to say about the Gem.If you don't like her don't book on her,we cant wait

until we sail with her again in may. The Gem is a Gem and the crew is amazing......

Marion

I too am looking forward to boarding the Gem! Aside from the dreaded waterslide issue, which doesn't effect me, I have only heard great things about this ship! Can't wait!

Tina

You will not be disappointed,she is a wonderful ship, we have cruised on her 3 times and going again in may.We would not book over and over again the ship if it was not so.Enjoy your cruise, you will have a great time

Marion

?????? because the slide is not open??? give me a break, what a lousy thing to say about the Gem.If you don't like her don't book on her,we cant wait

until we sail with her again in may. The Gem is a Gem and the crew is amazing......

Marion

We have taken her the past 6 or 7 consecutive winters-we love her!

Interesting, because in your February 2015 review, you stated that you loved the Gem (except for the coffee) and, "It was the best family vacation we have had".

What made you change your mind?