Gem 10 Night from NYC:Questions

tinadago

Interesting, because in your February 2015 review, you stated that you loved the Gem (except for the coffee) and, "It was the best family vacation we have had".

What made you change your mind?

I believe he's joking..... you know, because in another thread people are going nuts because the slide isn't open....

I believe he's joking..... you know, because in another thread people are going nuts because the slide isn't open....

The metagame of comparing the slide not running to war crimes is becoming a favorite past time of regular posters on this board.

But that ship graveyard in Bangladesh really is a sight to behold.

Interesting, because in your February 2015 review, you stated that you loved the Gem (except for the coffee) and, "It was the best family vacation we have had".

What made you change your mind?

Phew, I hope you are right about the joking part,

that's the only thing that would make sense!

Marion

The metagame of comparing the slide not running to war crimes is becoming a favorite past time of regular posters on this board.

"floating monstrosity of depression and sadness" gave me a chuckle!

Really? The slide is not running!

The Gem has become the worst ship on any cruise line.

A floating monstrosity of depression and sadness.

It needs to be scrapped and left in that ship graveyard in Bangladesh for the scavengers to pick apart.

Gem is rated one of Ncl top ship and until recently had Ncls best CD. Now that the refit is complete I can't wait to see her on the 22nd this month!!!! She is a true beauty meant for New Yorkers

See you in 25 days - slide or no slide.

I will be getting off as you will be getting on. I'm 30 year old and a strong kid at heart but the slide won't make or break anything. The ship and its crew make the Gem vacation something special every time.

Gem is rated one of Ncl top ship and until recently had Ncls best CD. Now that the refit is complete I can't wait to see her on the 22nd this month!!!! She is a true beauty meant for New Yorkers

agree,, we can't wait until May

Marion

I will be getting off as you will be getting on. I'm 30 year old and a strong kid at heart but the slide won't make or break anything. The ship and its crew make the Gem vacation something special every time.

Definitely agree. Our upcoming cruise will be the fifth on the Gem, and of our 33 cruises, the Gem is our favorite.

To those who have cruised to the Caribbean from Manhattan in February : Can I wear a tee shirt on the first sea day ?

I have started working on my tan the first day at sea (in the afternoon) providing the sun is out.

If cloudy, I would agree with Cate....could be a bit chilly. :)

Don

It will depend on how cold it is. One year, we were in the pool during sailaway[really felt like we were doing something wrong, being on the west side of manhattan and swimming outdoors in february]. Last year, the pools were closed and we were bundled up because it was incredibly cold....

Agreed. Could be quite cold. I'm sure yesterday's sail away was frigid. And I'm sure today they're cold as it is super cold in nyc today. Ship moves pretty fast on the Caribbean itinerary out of ny so I'm sure they're hitting some warmth later today.

Yes word is it is open. Hopefully slide opens by next Friday as I am boarding lol. But doesn't make or break my trip. cant wait till the 22nd!! Love me some Gem!!

Sorry, no. I'm on the Feb. 1 sailing and as I've posted elsewhere, NCL has told me the slide will not be operational on our cruise.

Have a great cruise, and take care of the Gem for us! :)