What is Early Saver First Dibs?

Just checked. We had gotten free upgrades and $50 onboard credit when we booked. Unfortunately due to this cruise's rates increases so much lately, even with the additional onboard credit from this promotion, we do not save. But what's interesting is the western itinerary has not increased like ours for ones before and after us, so they could take advantage of the promotion and save money.

I can finally benefit from a Carnival "sale". I got some OBC for my April 2017 cruise. The price is $2 more, but the "up to $125 OBC" is much better than just having the normal ES rate.

Correction, my cruise rate stayed the same and it was the port fees that increased by $2. A win for me :)

There must have been an error as they were putting $1000 pp for an inside room in what was below $450. I have an Early Saver booked which I need to move a week later (screwed up my schedule when the Breeze was cancelled). Rate has gone up a little since I first started looking into changing it. Noticed that last night and then this morning had a little freak out but now rates are the same as yesterday with the $100. I know I will lose $50 pp for the change, but I will keep the $50pp from the Breeze mess and then this $100 so at least gratuities will be covered. Now if only the Canadian $ would be kind.

I did poke around at Vista as more dates have been added but it is so hard to find an itinerary we want to do on dates we can go. I can't take the kids our of school any more and their Easter break doesn't line up with the end of Winter semester for my husband ofter, which basically leaves the end of August. I should point out we did the Curacao, Aruba cruise on the Breeze so were looking for something different.

Edited by familycruzinnewbie

Just checked. We had gotten free upgrades and $50 onboard credit when we booked. Unfortunately due to this cruise's rates increases so much lately, even with the additional onboard credit from this promotion, we do not save. But what's interesting is the western itinerary has not increased like ours for ones before and after us, so they could take advantage of the promotion and save money.

I checked ours, too....Price is about $150 more! We booked WAY early a few years out with a large group. Price is now $814. Ours was in the mid $600's when we booked. Not sure the total with taxes, insurance and etc. Interesting. Am checking in though, to see if we can get a teensy bit.

Edited by amypete

within 5 mins I received my price protection form. My cruise cost went up a tad but still came out ahead with the OBC. I debated sending in the form at all as I was not sure how it would work.

Now to just wait for the prices to go down so I can get back what I lost and keep my OBC!!

within 5 mins I received my price protection form. My cruise cost went up a tad but still came out ahead with the OBC. I debated sending in the form at all as I was not sure how it would work.

Now to just wait for the prices to go down so I can get back what I lost and keep my OBC!!

If the lower price you see is under a promotion that doesn't carry OBC, you will lose your current promo OBC when you apply for the price drop.

If I've already booked Early Saver months ago for cheaper, will they just honor the OBC portion of this sale without me switching to the current price rate? Has anyone had luck with this?

If I've already booked Early Saver months ago for cheaper, will they just honor the OBC portion of this sale without me switching to the current price rate? Has anyone had luck with this?

No, that's not how it works. In order to get this promotional OBC your fare needs to be switched to the current promotion with the current rates.