thermal spa pass on the pearl

goldwing girl

I was thinking of purchasing spa passes in the thermal spa area for my husband and I for the march 14th 2016 panama canal cruise anyone ever do this and is it worth it they are offering $ 159 per person if you book now before you get on the ship and we are at sea for 5 days ?

My DH's love affair with the spa began on the Pearl. He would never go with me including when we had spa passes with our cabin on the Epic. He went one time on the Pearl and he was hooked! He even went without me. He loved the thermal loungers. We already purchased our spa passes for our upcoming cruise on the Jade.

It is worth it.

The thermal suite on Norwegian Pearl is excellent. There's a thalassotherapy pool, hot tub, heated ceramic loungers and relaxation area in the central co-ed area. At least on the men's side (from my own experience--but I assume also on the women's side) there is a personal hot tub, personal cold plunge, steam room and dry sauna, plus a variety of showers and relaxation area. It's excellent value for money if you intend to use the thermal suite frequently. $159 on a long itinerary sounds like a good price. Good luck with your choice.

My DH's love affair with the spa began on the Pearl. He would never go with me including when we had spa passes with our cabin on the Epic. He went one time on the Pearl and he was hooked! He even went without me. He loved the thermal loungers. We already purchased our spa passes for our upcoming cruise on the Jade.

It is worth it.

This made me laugh because my husband was the same way. He kept saying NO on Epic, then finally went with me on Wednesday and after that I couldn't keep him out of the spa - my husband loves the water circuit. We went on Getaway last year and he was in there more than me! LOL!

thanks for the advice ? was it ever crowded in the thermal spa on pearl or could you always find a spot

One sea day we went after lunch and a few more people had the same idea. We went into the water and after a few minutes two thermal loungers opened. It would be busy off and on but in our experience people drifted in/out and never sat on the thermal loungers longer than 1 hour.

I do have to say that the Thermal Spa was great on the Breakaway last week (New Year's Cruise) but at least for this cruise, it was packed. Only 40 seats, with 120 passes sold (plus Haven access) made it difficult to find loungers at many times throughout the week. If I went on the same cruise next year, I might be hesitant to buy the pass during a "holiday" cruise. Granted, we left from NYC and 2 out of 7 days we were sailing in colder weather and it was popular but NCL should at least limit the amount of passes sold. I can understand 80 to 90 passes sold but more than double the capacity was a bit unfair to all those who bought the package for the week. I do have to say that the facilities were really nice.

Pearl's thermal pass is worth it... hands down my wife was the happiest when in there laying on the heated tile loungers. I got to meet a guy who claimed to be pretty high up in the Microsoft company..... wish he would have bought me a beer vs snapping me with a towel! Just kidding

I'm a first-time cruiser, and I will be sailing to Alaska on the Pearl on May 15th. I was wondering, where is the best place to purchase the Thermal Spa Pass? I read that there is a table when you first board where they can be purchased, and I have also read that you need to purchase them at the Spa. ALSO, can I use my on-board credits to purchase a pass? Thank you everyone! :)

I'm a first-time cruiser, and I will be sailing to Alaska on the Pearl on May 15th. I was wondering, where is the best place to purchase the Thermal Spa Pass? I read that there is a table when you first board where they can be purchased, and I have also read that you need to purchase them at the Spa. ALSO, can I use my on-board credits to purchase a pass? Thank you everyone! :)

When you purchase online pre-cruise there is a discount. If you wish to use your onboard credit purchase the pass as soon as you board. We always purchase online.

We will be on that cruise too!! Yay! cant wait to see this awesome spa after reading these reviews!

• 2 weeks later...