4 day Spring break Cruise?

BAV2005

I am looking at booking a 4 day cruise during spring break 2017. No one I know has ever done shorter than a 7 day cruise but from reading threads on here it seems that they attract the drunk rowdy crowd...any opinions? I will be traveling with my husband and and two kids (4 and 13) so an abundance of kids is no problem, but Mardi Gras behavior isn't really what I want my kids around [emoji12] I just don't want to end up stuck on a ship for 4 days full of drunken frat boys lol! Drinking doesn't bother us in the least but stumbling puking drunks do! Thanks for any insight you may be able to offer!

Spring break cruises aren't that bad. I've actually seen more partying during off-months in Jan/Feb then during spring break months. On every 3 - 7 day cruise I've been on there was always a good ratio of kids, young and old.

This.

Even on our wildest Spring Break Carnival cruises we've always been able to find quiet areas. Weren't so lucky on one of our short November Princess cruises.

Edited by SadieN

I am looking at booking a 4 day cruise during spring break 2017. No one I know has ever done shorter than a 7 day cruise but from reading threads on here it seems that they attract the drunk rowdy crowd...any opinions? I will be traveling with my husband and and two kids (4 and 13) so an abundance of kids is no problem, but Mardi Gras behavior isn't really what I want my kids around [emoji12] I just don't want to end up stuck on a ship for 4 days full of drunken frat boys lol! Drinking doesn't bother us in the least but stumbling puking drunks do! Thanks for any insight you may be able to offer!

If you know a 4 nighter draws more drinkers and you want to cruise during a busy break time, why even consider it?

We are pretty easy going but we have said that our kids will not go on a "short cruise" and Spring Break would be the worst. The only "issues" with fellow travelers have come on short cruises - a domestic dispute which ended with his marriage proposal but found security sitting outside and their door propped open the next morning, another group treating the hallways like it's a southern front porch for your family gathering at midnight etc. They definitely have a much more party vibe and people are more intoxicated - not necessarily puking drunks, though I am confident our bride-to-be had been worshiping the porcelain goddess - but much more loud, rude behavior at all hours.

I don't think I would feel that way about Canada because my kids went on one of those and it was very subdued.

If you know a 4 nighter draws more drinkers and you want to cruise during a busy break time, why even consider it?

I have no first hand knowledge so I was asking for opinions from people who do. We are doing a 7 day in September and with a school age child I don't want her to miss additional school but a 7 day during spring break is cost prohibitive after the September cruise and a long weekend in Vegas for my DH's and my 30th birthdays [emoji51]. I'm looking at options to squeeze in a cruise during peek times that won't break the bank.

We are pretty easy going but we have said that our kids will not go on a "short cruise" and Spring Break would be the worst. The only "issues" with fellow travelers have come on short cruises - a domestic dispute which ended with his marriage proposal but found security sitting outside and their door propped open the next morning, another group treating the hallways like it's a southern front porch for your family gathering at midnight etc. They definitely have a much more party vibe and people are more intoxicated - not necessarily puking drunks, though I am confident our bride-to-be had been worshiping the porcelain goddess - but much more loud, rude behavior at all hours.

I don't think I would feel that way about Canada because my kids went on one of those and it was very subdued.

Thanks for your reply, I'll take it into consideration :)