How to choose

Rockjock64

Dream is the newer & bigger ship. Both ships have great shows, but Dream's are the best in the entire Carnival fleet. Dream has 2 large & very different waterslides, plus smaller slides, & splash features; Triumph has 1 large waterslide plus an extra small pool. Dream has a bigger & better serenity area, plus the Cloud 9 Spa which Triumph doesn't have. Dream has an 18-hole mini golf course, Triumph's is 9 holes. Dream has a nice aft pool area that is open to the sea; Triumph's is more enclosed but that's because of the retractable roof.

Triumph has Guys burgers (which is the only reason why some people take cruises:rolleyes:, although I think they are quite average burgers) & Blue Iguana cantina, while Dream has regular burgers & an unbranded burrito bar. Dream has the lanai BBQ & pasta bar for lunch which Triumph doesn't have. Dream has cove balconies & deluxe OV cabins.

Even though the Dream is my favorite ship of all, I have also really enjoyed my 2 cruises on Triumph. 2 of my 3 favorite ships.

Edited by k2excursion

Thanks.

We were on triumph few years ago before the upgrades with 2.0 and had a great time.

Thinking Dream might b the way to go

Sounds like you know the answer then. To me, the choice between ships breaks down to newness and itinerary. Go Dream!

Also keep in mind itineraries here:

The Dream has three different 7 day trips to choose from, visiting either 1) Bahamas or 2) Cozumel, Belize and Roatan or 3) Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman

The Triumph is taking over Elations 4 and 5 day runs that visit either Cozumel or Cozumel and Progesso.

Much better options on the Dream as far as itineraries.