Wonder

smallfry74

I am thinking of booking a 3 night on the Wonder. My concern is that is an older boat and maybe not long enough. I will have 2 boys 12 and 11 who have never been on a ship before so I was thinking of a shorter one for their first. Anyone been on the Wonder lately?

I am thinking of booking a 3 night on the Wonder. My concern is that is an older boat and maybe not long enough. I will have 2 boys 12 and 11 who have never been on a ship before so I was thinking of a shorter one for their first. Anyone been on the Wonder lately?

I was on the Wonder last October. She's the only ship left in the Disney fleet that's in "original" condition. That is, not had the extra "bells & whistles" that the Magic now has. And still has her great atrium. She's still in fine shape, and I'd cruise on her at the drop of a hat.

Just my opinion, but, yes, a 3 night cruise is too short. But it's better than no cruise on DCL.

The Wonder is in great shape and as noted, is the only ship in the original configuration and running the original Animator's show. If at all possible, I'd recommend a 4 night cruise. 3 nights = 2 1/2 days and no sea day. It really isn't enough time to enjoy the ship and even a fraction of what a DCL cruise has to offer.

I was also on the Wonder last October and thought it was great. 3 nights is very short, but try to board the earliest allowed and that will give you a little more time on the ship. There is never enough time to try all the activities, so just accept that going in and you'll have a great time.

I agree with all of the above, but personally think you should try to find a 5 night cruise as a minimum for your kids to experience.

I say that because it can be very hard on such a short cruise for them to make buddies to hang with, and whilst it is a good taster to cruising, you and they may feel overwhelmed and rushed with trying to fit everything in to the point it isn't as an enjoyable vacation as it could be, and be over before you really get into cruising.

The Wonder is a great ship, but the other ships may offer you and your kids more to do if they are not into youth clubs.

That said, I'm sure you will have a great time regardless.

ex techie

Was on her a year ago... the only thing that might show it's age is how many coats of paint there are on doors. The paint is so think magnets may not work with decorations. Please don't bring paint thinner.

I would do a longer cruise. Your boys are going to have so much fun. I have two kids 11 and 13 the Wonder is my 13 year olds favorite, the Fantasy my 11 year olds. The Wonder is also my favorite. We were on the Wonder twice last year, and have two coming up this Spring on the Wonder. She's in great shape I wouldn't worry about the condition of the ship.