Celebrity in Helsinki Question

tenmile

We are doing a Baltic cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse later this spring. Can anyone tell me which harbor and/or terminal Celebrity usually docks in Helsinki? Does the ship offer courtesy shuttles into town? Does a tram or hop on hop off bus stop nearby? Any help is appreciated.

We were on this cruise in late August. There are no free shuttles. Shuttles were $12-$18 in most ports. The port we were in in Helsinki was not close enough to walk but the shuttle dropped you off in a central location.

We took the shuttle (I think 10 euros cash) in Helsinki. There is supposed to be a tram but it was not very close although you could walk to the tram. Helsinki was a nice port to visit with the open air market especially after two very full days in St Petersburg. We had some wonderful crepes with fresh berries.

Edited by texasgirl29

Thank you for your information. Do we have to make reservations for the shuttle or do we just get on it at the pier and pay then? Does the shuttle take you downtown near either a hop on/hop off bus stop or a tram stop? I have been reading Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Port book, and I was afraid we were docking at this far West Harbor pier. Were you able to catch a shuttle convenient to the Esplanade or Market Square to return to the ship? Thanks, again, for your information.

Linda

Thank you for your information. Do we have to make reservations for the shuttle or do we just get on it at the pier and pay then? Does the shuttle take you downtown near either a hop on/hop off bus stop or a tram stop? I have been reading Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Port book, and I was afraid we were docking at this far West Harbor pier. Were you able to catch a shuttle convenient to the Esplanade or Market Square to return to the ship? Thanks, again, for your information.

Linda

Check this:Helsinki harbour. If this is the right date, Eclipse vill be in the West Harbour

Try these: portinfo

Helsinki HOHO

Helsinki

Linda

You don't need a reservation. They fill up one bus then another comes along. The bus left us off near the department stores. We strolled down the Esplanade to the waterfront. Be sure to check out my photo-filled trip report!

JoAnn