Booking shows on Anthem

I will be able to begin booking shows in a short couple of weeks for our 12 night April cruise and was hoping others could give some pointers and advise...we are doing classic late night as I could not even begin to book both dining and shows...We did advance booking of shows when we sailed on allure and oasis but most shows ended up having availability...wasn't sure if the same was experienced on anthem.. Also can you pre-book the northstar???

You will be able to book the North Star and iFly as well as dining and shows online. The shows generally run a few times in a given day so you should be able to work it around your dining schedule. They will tell you how long the show runs so you can plan accordingly. I was able to book shows around dinner every time. The also had a handy day time showing of We Will Rock You which was nice. It was very well attended and almost full. The shows will run more than once on your 12 night cruise so I'm sure you'll be able to see them all at least once.

Most of the shows start at 7 & 9 pm, some shows start later, around 10:00 pm.

They do have an afternoon show of WWRY at 2:30, the first sea day.

If you do not have show reservations, there is a line for standbys. Yes you can pre book North Star, just keep checking the Cruise Planner for it to open up. Keep in mind, weather permitted, sometimes North Star reservations are cancelled. Our reservation was cancel due to wind conditions and reopened a few hours later.

Be sure to book Spectra's Cabaret in 270. We just saw it on the Anthem 12/27/15 cruise. While I may not have liked all of the avant guarde music, the special effects are absolutely unreal. We had dinner at 8:30 and the 7:30 show got out in time for dinner.

On our cruise you could not pre-book North Star, but the lines were usually quicker than what they said they would be (told 45-60 minutes and both times turned out to be less than a half hour). Surprisingly, they took reservations for North Star onboard, but only for port days. I would have thought reservations would make more sense on sea days.

Most of the shows start at 7 & 9 pm, some shows start later, around 10:00 pm.

They do have an afternoon show of WWRY at 2:30, the first sea day.

If you do not have show reservations, there is a line for standbys. Yes you can pre book North Star, just keep checking the Cruise Planner for it to open up. Keep in mind, weather permitted, sometimes North Star reservations are cancelled. Our reservation was cancel due to wind conditions and reopened a few hours later.

Very helpful!

The information from the following post was really helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992752&highlight=show+times&page=3

"Just a quick observation: The Show Reservations are now open for our sailing date. Try and book as soon as possible, as many times fill up early. RCCL has made it a little tricky to find the whole list of showtimes. Go to Cruise Planner in your reservation and click on "Dining". No dining options are available as yet, but scroll down to the bottom and there will be a line regarding other information and it has "Entertainment Showtimes". Click and a new page pops up. I highlighted the information and pasted and printed with my word processor. This helps with the planning for the week to see the entire schedule. The PDF format is an old show schedule. Don't use this."