cruise recommendation for family reunion with lots of little kids/babies

nyrlieht

Hello! I'm looking into options for our family reunion this Labor Day weekend. We are a group of about 75 -- approximately 55 adults, 20 kids. Kids are mostly elementary school and younger, down to as young as 8 months old.

I am assuming we'll sail from Miami and want something that is 2-3 nights. Is 2 nights even really an option?

For reference, our last reunion cost about $550 per family of 4 (for accommodation and food). I don't think this is a max, but this is what everyone was willing to pay last time, so basically we're looking for something pretty cheap.

Does anyone have any suggestions that may work with our group size, number of kids, timeframe, and price?

I will have a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old at this time, so the baby/toddler factor is very important to me!

I've (probably obviously) never been on a cruise before, but this seems like it may be a good option for us, as planning all of the logistics for such a big group has proven to be a major pain in the past. And I have a newborn, so I want to make this as simple as possible!

Thank you so much in advance!

First off welcome to cruising

1) Given the size of your group I would 100% recommend calling the lines directly as you will probably qualify for some group rates

2) Just taking a quick look online...you are going to be looking at a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Bahamas and the cost is ranging from $250 - $400/pp - 3rd and 4th person is typically half price - keep in mind that you will more than likely have tips etc and those prices are for an interior cabin

3) One thing to keep in mind is that often times the ships used on these short trips are typically the older ships in the fleets and while that isn't the end of the world... they typically do not have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships. Also some of these ships maybe showing their age.

There aren't alot of options given that you need a specific period.

3 Night on RCCL out of Orlando Sept 2nd

3 Night on RCCL out of Miami Sept 2nd

1 Night on NCL out of Miami Sept 2nd - Personally I would recommend this one as it is on the Getaway which is one of the newest ships - Also has a kids splash area

2 Night on NCL out of Miami Sept 2nd

2 Night on Carnival out of Miami Sept 2nd

2 Night on Carnival out of Orlando Sept 1st

Highly recommend you contact a good cruise travel agency and turn this booking over to them. That gets you out of the middle. and questions, payments, etc. will be dealt with by the agent.

Otherwise, I absolutely guarantee you are going to go crazy.

Highly recommend you contact a good cruise travel agency and turn this booking over to them. That gets you out of the middle. and questions, payments, etc. will be dealt with by the agent.

Otherwise, I absolutely guarantee you are going to go crazy.

I was thinking this too.

Thank you so much for the responses. I did look into the NCL cruise on the Getaway, which may be an option.

Thank you also for the recommendation on a cruise agent. I was hoping this would be easier than planning all the logistics for a non-cruise reunion, but it's likely I'd end up going crazy either way :)

Also keep in mind that many of the ships do not permit babies/toddlers in the pools who are not potty trained. I know there are a select few RCL ships that offer a baby splash area where swim diapers are permitted in that area only