Cagney's Fried Fisherman's Platter

At the risk of sounding totally ignorant, I need some clarification.

A specialty restaurant (i.e. Cagneys) has a charge of 30.00 pp

Items on the menu are ala carte. So, you pay the 30.00 plus whatever items you order from the ala carte menu?

If you don't order ala carte items, you only pay the 30.00?

If you have the SPD or the UDP, you pay nothing?

Sorry, but some of this is very confusing to me. What can possibly be left on the menu that isn't ala carte??

At the risk of sounding totally ignorant, I need some clarification.

A specialty restaurant (i.e. Cagneys) has a charge of 30.00 pp

Items on the menu are ala carte. So, you pay the 30.00 plus whatever items you order from the ala carte menu?

If you don't order ala carte items, you only pay the 30.00?

If you have the SPD or the UDP, you pay nothing?

Sorry, but some of this is very confusing to me. What can possibly be left on the menu that isn't ala carte??

I'd explain it to you but I'll probably confuse the hell out of you but forget about the $30, that doesn't exist. Someone will come around in a couple of minutes and clarify it.

Okay, I'll bite... ;)

I believe the $30 was the price under the former (maybe still in the process of converting) pricing structure, where you got a starter, soup, salad, entree and dessert (or whatever number of courses they offered) for one fixed price -- $30.

The a la carte pricing structure eliminates the old prix fixe structure and so now, instead of paying one price for all your courses, you simply pick and choose what you want off the menu and pay for each dish/course separately like you do in a typical American restaurant.

I will now hold out the baton for someone to take in case I got this wrong :D

Okay, I'll bite... ;)

I believe the $30 was the price under the former (maybe still in the process of converting) pricing structure, where you got a starter, soup, salad, entree and dessert (or whatever number of courses they offered) for one fixed price -- $30.

The a la carte pricing structure eliminates the old prix fixe structure and so now, instead of paying one price for all your courses, you simply pick and choose what you want off the menu and pay for each dish/course separately like you do in a typical American restaurant.

I will now hold out the baton for someone to take in case I got this wrong :D

I will take the baton.....you pick and choose and pay a la carte prices if you choose to, but the better alternative is to utilize one of the meals through the UDP plan (which is still being honored by those who got it previously since it is no longer available), or the SDP plan. The current SDP plan allows you to purchase a minimum of 3 dinners and a maximum of the number of days on your cruise. The 3 day is 59.00 and it rises accordingly. You can use one of these dinners and go to Cagneys and enjoy an entree, multiple apps, multiple sides and even multiple desserts. If you wish to have a second entree, it's 10.00. The SDP is a better value than the old plan. 3 nights in Cagneys was 30.00 each, or 90.00 total. The 3 day at 59, plus 18% tip is 69.62. Edited by SNJCruisers