Booking 18 year old his own room

GMRPHRN

I am planning on taking my 15 yo daughter and 18 yo son on a cruise in June with Carnival. I really wanted my son to have his own room as all three of us sharing a room is not my idea of a vacation. I know lots of people book two rooms when they have two adults and then put the children in their own room after boarding. I do not have another adult in mind that I could ask to join us and their father is deceased. I am not trying to bend the rules or commit fraud but would like to know if there is ever a way to do this. I would take full responsibility of course. I understand why Carnival has this rule but all 18 year olds are not alike.

Thank you.

As long as they are within 3 doors down or across the hall, it's no problem. I had 2 rooms with my 3 kids aged 13, 11, 8. On NCL we were able to book 2 and 2 adjoining balconies, on CCL, because I wanted balconies, (per CCL, child has to be 13 to be in a balcony w/o an adult), I booked 3 and 1, and then stayed 2 and 2. Most cruise lines will accommodate multiple rooms with kids, DIsney was the only one that wouldn't, so I chose NCL, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by asdjl

Booking him in his ow room will be expensive

Single supplement paying two cruise fares

But since he is your own child you can book him in his own room across

The hall or next door That is the only place he can be booked

Actually, an 18 yo can have their own cabin anywhere on the ship just as long as a parent/guardian is somewhere onboard. They don't have to be 3 cabins away. We've booked ours about 10 cabins away once just because that's what was open.

You need call to book because the online system won't let you do this. If you call, you won't have a problem as long as it is just your child.

Thank you. I'll call. At least there is hope.

I booked single for my 14 year old and then booked me and my two other children next door, because I wanted balconies in the Magic. I knew it was more, but since husband wasn't going that cruise, it was the only way since the other 2 were not 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning on taking my 15 yo daughter and 18 yo son on a cruise in June with Carnival. I really wanted my son to have his own room as all three of us sharing a room is not my idea of a vacation. I know lots of people book two rooms when they have two adults and then put the children in their own room after boarding. I do not have another adult in mind that I could ask to join us and their father is deceased. I am not trying to bend the rules or commit fraud but would like to know if there is ever a way to do this. I would take full responsibility of course. I understand why Carnival has this rule but all 18 year olds are not alike.

Thank you.

When traveling with you CCL allows you to book your teenagers in their own cabin. It is not an issue. The only concern is how close it must be located to your cabin, and if I recall correctly at 18 it doesn't matter how close he is to you.

Edited by zqvol

Actually, an 18 yo can have their own cabin anywhere on the ship just as long as a parent/guardian is somewhere onboard. They don't have to be 3 cabins away. We've booked ours about 10 cabins away once just because that's what was open.

Gabby Cooks is correct.