Unwanted Upgrade, How do I get my cabin back?

BoxersMom

You do not mark the upgrade preference on the booking. You do that on your Crown and Anchor profile. Your TA would have nothing to do with that since he should not have your Crown and Anchor log in.

Here are the choices that appear on mine:

Member Information

Your Crown & Anchor Tier:

DIAMOND

Your Crown & Anchor Points:

Upgrade Preferences:

I prefer an automatic upgrade

I do not wish to upgrade my stateroom

I would like an upgrade but have restrictions

If I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another

I do not wish to be upgraded to Boardwalk or Central Park balcony staterooms (OA/AL only)

I do not wish to be upgraded into an accessible stateroom

I would like to stay on the same deck as my current stateroom

I do not wish to be moved to a lower deck

I only wish to be upgraded to a stateroom that is near an elevator

Read more at http://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/upgradePreferences.do#RyzYOjhzgQzZy56J.99

I do not like the brown triangles

1452624579156.jpg.b37b94582d8d13b6f8d9cff5de089343.jpg

But....i would trade it for 1602 anyday.....especially for the same price.

The balcony is larger and it does have a place to get some shade. Plus the other benefits of a JS.

What didn't you like about 1602??

Agree big balcony yes, however, for our Alaska cruise we really like the sun coming in. 1602 has too much shade for the chillier climate for us. But that balcony would be more of something we might like on a tropical cruise, though DH is a sun lizard and would miss his own big private spot in the sun on that much bigger balcony of 9256. ;)

Free upgrade to JS 1100...oh yeah...would take that in a heartbeat! :)

I can't believe that folks are worried that they may get an upgrade!:eek::eek:

Not us. We are doing Alaska on Radiance of the Seas May 20-30 and we are in a Balcony D cabin. If an upgrade was given to a JS we would take it in a second. That being said I have always selected Upgrade on my reservations. But such as it is we have never gotten one. Granted we always pick the size that we need but we once booked a JS (Sovereign of the Seas) when we took our youngest son with us. So if the upgrade fairy visits we will not be upset. But as they say everyone has their own preferences. I am glad OP ended back aft like they originally booked. As for helping other Cruise Critic members whenever possible, that should be in the rules of conduct for these boards. :D

FYI, this is not my first cruise, I am a Diamond member and in fact I have 20+ on Celebrity, but only 3 on Royal. I did not know about the Upgrade choice, and had never had this issue with Celebrity, so I had not made a choice as to upgrading. I have however, now!

Also, I did not get my original cabin back. I got another Aft balcony 2 doors down in the middle which I did think was an Upgrade, but would have rather kept what I had and not dealt with the stress. Thank you all!!

Excellent that you got the same area back and if anything an even better aft on the centerline. You are right this had to be stressful but with a little help from another Cruise critic member and reading every post things did go in the right direction. I applaud those that helped you and I am pleased you are back aft.

David