RCI credit card fee.

You need to know if it was the bank or the cruise company. Many banks charge the fee as has been mentioned by Mic. Also many travel agents charge a credit card fee.

How did your friend book and pay? Direct to RCI or a travel agent, and maybe through which bank? Generally the bank fee for the international transaction is more like 3%. (our experience through NAB - We get no fees like that with our Citibank Plus card)

It is possible that this is a new fee. Always worth knowing what fees might be lurking.

Edited by goodycruising

You need to know if it was the bank or the cruise company. Many banks charge the fee as has been mentioned by Mic. Also many travel agents charge a credit card fee.

How did your friend book and pay? Direct to RCI or a travel agent, and maybe through which bank? Generally the bank fee for the international transaction is more like 3%. (our experience through NAB - We get no fees like that with our Citibank Plus card)

It is possible that this is a new fee. Always worth knowing what fees might be lurking.

They booked direct with RCI. They said that RCI charged the fee.

EDIT: I see you have answered with more info.......

I did see elsewhere that someone said that their travel agent was now passing on the RCI 1.5% fee. Is that the same situation?

I personally have never had a credit card fee charged by RCI. Or by Celebrity which is owned by RCI. Have done two deposits in the last few weeks and used my Citibank Plus Visa and there was no fees at all charged by either RCI or the credit card.

Edited by goodycruising