Cabin choice

missdoo

Hi everyone , looking for some advice ! Thinking of booking a Christmas cruise for 2016 , liking the look of the Northern Europe one which is a P&o one, my question is do you think you need a balcony cabin on this one ? I love balcony cabins for the extra room but also am quite happy and snug in an inside cabin ! Being that's it's winter time , necessary or not ? Thank you in advance Gill

Hi everyone , looking for some advice ! Thinking of booking a Christmas cruise for 2016 , liking the look of the Northern Europe one which is a P&o one, my question is do you think you need a balcony cabin on this one ? I love balcony cabins for the extra room but also am quite happy and snug in an inside cabin ! Being that's it's winter time , necessary or not ? Thank you in advance Gill

Where about is the ship going. That will have a bearing on whether to go for a balcony.

Must admit doesn't matter where we are going, always go for a balcony now. Lovely having your own outdoor space

After 3 cruises to this area at this time I would go for an outside cabin would not have used the balcony on all the cruises too cold with a bit of a breeze. All the cruises were very good. The weather that time of year is as can be expected but we had some reasonable weather considering that. The poorest weather this year but we still had a great time

Thanks for replies guys ,cruise goes to amsterdam ,Sweden ,copenhagen ,Norway and a couple of other places, just wondering if we would miss out on any thing while in ports ? Pretty sure we wouldn't be using it entourage, southampton start and finish, it would be me and my husband in one cabIn and my 2 daughters who are in their late teens in another , we have never been away at Christmas before and would still like a summer cruise so am trying to keep costs down so am grateful for any thoughts , thank you

I assume the cruise is on Arcadia which is visiting the exact same ports as Aurora last Christmas

The seas were a little bumpy to say the least we could not get to Amsterdam went to Rotterdam instead

Good weather in ports in general but not weather to sit on a balcony and defiantly only for the brave ones while at sea.

Outside cabin so a little daylight during the day, remember much shorter days as you go northwards

You will have a great time whatever you choose

Thanks for replies guys ,cruise goes to amsterdam ,Sweden ,copenhagen ,Norway and a couple of other places, just wondering if we would miss out on any thing while in ports ? Pretty sure we wouldn't be using it entourage, southampton start and finish, it would be me and my husband in one cabIn and my 2 daughters who are in their late teens in another , we have never been away at Christmas before and would still like a summer cruise so am trying to keep costs down so am grateful for any thoughts , thank you

What do you think you would miss out on

Oslo a great city easy to walk in from the ship but maybe take a trip up into the winter forest and ski are

Copenhagen can walk into town but a little long shuttle buses Available as is a ho Ho bus adjacent to the ship or just walk along to the little mermaid an easy walk tourist shops adjacent to the ship

Gothenburg shuttle buses available but the Volvo museum is just outside the port and has been open 2 out of 3 cruises

Brugge has Christmas markets and some shopping available I'm Blankenberge

It gets light around 9am and gets dark before 4 pm

Never been. Into Amsterdam this time of year but it is an easy walk in

Christmas is great on board you can make it what you want busy and involved or quiet and sedate and anything in between

Booked next year on Ventura to the canaries have a balcony for that hopefully the weather will be kind and we can spend some time on it , not worth it with temps around freezing and breezy

You seem very laid back on whether you travel in an inside cabin or balcony cabin. I see people recommending outside cabins which I do not disagree with. However I suggest you book on a Minimum Grade Guarantee basis on the cheapest deal you can find. In this way you save cash and in my opinion stand a better chance of an upgrade. With two cabins involved, you get two chances of getting a good one and a much better one, for you! but possibly spaced well apart. I have assumed daughters are old enough to be in a cabin together, remote from yours as this is an issue with guarantees.

Regards John

Edited by john watson