Breakaway Questions - spa/vibe/dining/drinks

teacher_md

Second time on BA but first since the entire world (including us) has been getting beverage and dining packages. I have a few questions:

- is it a lot harder to get drink service now? I plan on bringing cash to help the process.

- we are going to get the signature dining plan for 3 meals and like to eat late (8-830). Party of 2, will we have trouble getting reservations?

- we are sailing out of NYC on March 27th. Not sure if getting Vibe would be worth it with 2 (very likely) chilly days. Thoughts? Not even sure we could get on board fast enough to snag them.

- do they sell daily spa passes? Looks like spa pass is up to 180 per person. Major increase from last time.

Thanks for any help!

- AJ

I'm on Breakaway right now and although it is not hard to get a drink, the bartenders do not seem as happy as they have been in the past. Since they stopped having people with the UBP sign each time they get a drink, they have seen a huge decline in tips. We were talking to them about it and how it really sucks for them. We always added a tip on, so we asked them about it. We brought cash for tipping extra here and there and the bartenderest are very grateful. Now whenever they see us they are very friendly. And no, we don't tip for every drink but if we stay at a bar for a few weeks will leave them some cash.

Tables for 2 don't seem to be hard to get at any point. We are 3 and have decided not to make anymore reservations for the second week of our cruise. Friday, we only had a 5 minutes wait for Shanghai's at around 7. It wasn't bad at all.

I can ask about daily spa passes if you like.

Does this mean there is no way to tip on credit?

Last time me and hubby went, even though we had the UBP, whenever you get a drink you have to sign a receipt and there was a line for a tip If you wanted. Now if no one has to sign are tips ignored unless you bring cash?

I can then understand that if you show up to the bar, cash in hand, then the bartenders are much more attentive.

I don't know ... don't really want to carry cash on the ship all the time - but now if you have to tip in cash and carry cash with you all the time to be served, it's kind of a hassle.

if you find a nice spot on the ship that you and yours like to frequent for a drink. if its the same bar every night its prob gonna be 4 bartenders on rotation...sit and feel out how naturally friendly they are...after a lil conversation throw em a $20 and it will guarantee great service for remainder of cruise...money makes people smile...

Best,

Mark

Hello all-

First time cruiser going out from NYC to FL, Nassau and Great Stirrup on 3/13 with 13 friends/ family. My question is about drinks. Some of us have the beverage package and some don't. Can one person go,to,the bar and get drinks for others or does everyone have to get their own and show the card with/won't the beverage sticker? How does it work?

Thanks

Cape Cod Jane

Second time on BA but first since the entire world (including us) has been getting beverage and dining packages. I have a few questions:

- is it a lot harder to get drink service now? I plan on bringing cash to help the process.

- we are going to get the signature dining plan for 3 meals and like to eat late (8-830). Party of 2, will we have trouble getting reservations?

- we are sailing out of NYC on March 27th. Not sure if getting Vibe would be worth it with 2 (very likely) chilly days. Thoughts? Not even sure we could get on board fast enough to snag them.

- do they sell daily spa passes? Looks like spa pass is up to 180 per person. Major increase from last time.

Thanks for any help!

- AJ

Hi AJ,

We wil be on the cruise the week prior to yours, I am pretty sure they are both "break" weeks, so very crowded, my husband and myself cruised on the Breakaway in September when all the schools were back and thankfully I made reservations before leaving, we really couldn't change them when we got on it was all reserved, we also like to eat around 8ish.

Jennifer

I'm planning on being on the BA for the Feb.28th sailing. Is this also a "break" week???

Also, in regards to the drink package, is there still a special sticker on your cabin card indicating this? What about the dining package?

It seems like the entire sailing is a "free drinks" sailing! Should be interesting....

I'm planning on being on the BA for the Feb.28th sailing. Is this also a "break" week???

Also, in regards to the drink package, is there still a special sticker on your cabin card indicating this? What about the dining package?

It seems like the entire sailing is a "free drinks" sailing! Should be interesting....

Hi,

I don't think it would be a break week, but when we went last September I was glad we made reservations before boarding, there was very little wiggle room, they were all booked for 2

Hello all-

First time cruiser going out from NYC to FL, Nassau and Great Stirrup on 3/13 with 13 friends/ family. My question is about drinks. Some of us have the beverage package and some don't. Can one person go,to,the bar and get drinks for others or does everyone have to get their own and show the card with/won't the beverage sticker? How does it work?

Thanks

Cape Cod Jane

One person can go to the bar and order drinks, but they'll need all the cards. This way the bartender can check who/how many free drinks and who they need to charge. Usually if you go to the same bar though, by day 3 they won't ask for the cards, except for the ones that need to be charged

Does this mean there is no way to tip on credit?

Last time me and hubby went, even though we had the UBP, whenever you get a drink you have to sign a receipt and there was a line for a tip If you wanted. Now if no one has to sign are tips ignored unless you bring cash?

I can then understand that if you show up to the bar, cash in hand, then the bartenders are much more attentive.

I don't know ... don't really want to carry cash on the ship all the time - but now if you have to tip in cash and carry cash with you all the time to be served, it's kind of a hassle.

At the end of the night, we ask them to ring our last drinks up on a slip so we can add an extra tip. It's always worked fine for us. Some people like to do it in the beginning of the night.

I thought that gratuity was automatically figured into each drink transaction? Is it that the bartenders were used to getting more when people had to sign the receipts? I'm just trying to understand so we can do the right thing:)

There's not real "right" way. A gratuity is added to each drink transaction. There is a line on the slip to tip extra if you would like to. Some people tip and some don't it's totally up to you