Aurea Class

saphir

Do You know which Beverage package is included in this class?

On the Aurea Experience is mentioned Allegrissimo package and in the Bebefit Chart is Cheers package ???

Thank you.

Edited by saphir

Booked Aurea on the Seaside and our paperwork says Allegrissimo package as does the info on the booking system on the UK website.

FOOD & DRINKS BENEFITS

· Premium 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)

· Wide variety of special restaurants serving Mediterranean and international dishes

· Unlimited drinks included (Allegrissimo! Package)

From UK Website.

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

*Starting from summer 2017, the Allegrissimo package will be renamed All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package

MORE-FOR-LESS CLASSIC ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

*Starting from summer 2017, the More-For-Less package will be renamed All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package

Edited by sidari

Aurea booking with Allegrissimo package. Does anyone know if one can pay the difference and get the unlimited drink package when booking

Or did you mean upgrade to Premium package ? the answer is usually no.

saphir ... in April 2018 it will be what? I'm all mixed

*Starting from summer 2017, the Allegrissimo package will be renamed All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package

Aurea booking with Allegrissimo package. Does anyone know if one can pay the difference and get the unlimited drink package when booking?

If you mean upgrading to the premium package the answer is no, unfortunately! As someone who is booked in an Aurea suite on a repositioning cruise that was the answer I got to that question. MSC is prepared to lose €1160 of extra onboard spend (in our case) as a result of their policy of not allowing people to pay the difference to upgrade. I usually get the premium package but am prepared to go without on that particular voyage!

What is the difference between

Alligrissimo Classic. and

More for less Classic

They're basically the same (apart from the price!), based on itinerary. The package is named 'Allegrissimo' on ships in Europe (and some other regions) and 'More for Less' in both North & South America, generally speaking.

If I'm not mistaken, it's 'Allegrissimo' when onboard currency is Euros and 'More for Less' when it's US dollars.

• 8 months later...
Yes I had meant upgrading to premium. Now I am hearing buzz that you can upgrade to premium once on board?? Is this true and if so with Aurea and unlimited can we pay onboard to go premium?

MSC has since introduced the ability to upgrade drinks packages while onboard. The costs are indicated at the bottom of the drinks package price list which can be found on the tables in all the ship's lounges for the first 2 days, then they're withdrawn after that. The Euro charges are as follows:

WANT TO UPGRADE YOUR PREPAID BEVERAGE PACKAGE?

from CHEERS! to ALLEGRISSIMO

ADULT at € 9.50

CHILD at € 3 (per day)

from CHEERS! to ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM

ADULT at € 27.50 (per day)

CHILD at € 12 (per day)

from ALLEGRISSIMO to ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM

ADULT at € 18 (per day)

CHILD at € 9 (per day)

There is also a 15% Service Charge added to the above charges. A couple of posters on here have also stated that they were able to pre-pay for the upgrade beforehand which meant avoiding the SC when a drinks package was included in their cruise cost. However, I have been unable to do so. The following is the reply from my TA when I asked:

I have just got word back from MSC, upgrade only available when you have purchased as extra the all inclusive drinks package, as the all inclusive is available on the Aurea ie included in the pricing it is not possible to upgrade.

As a gesture of goodwill they have added €50.00 on board spend for the cabin.

A bit of a bummer as the SC alone is going to cost €129.60. At least the €50 will soften that a little I suppose. :roll eyes:

EDIT: I've just noticed you're sailing on Divina, Milocoman, so these prices aren't relevant to you - sorry I don't know what the upgrade difference is for MoreforLess which is what your drinks package is known as at the time you're sailing.

Edited by Beamafar

Would love to hear from anyone recently on the Divina about whether upgrades are available and what the pricing is. I'm hoping that by the time we sail next year, MSC will finally catch up with other lines and allow us to upgrade the package included with our Aurea booking!

Once onboard, I can't see why they wouldn't upgrade you for the difference - MoreForLess Premium $61 minus MoreForLess $45 = $16 pppd plus 15% service charge. How can they allow it for some i.e. those who prebooked/prepaid for a drinks package and not for those who booked Aurea?

I'll be finding it out for myself in a couple of weeks time when I board Sinfonia for the repo to Durban.