NCL Escape Questions

azcruiser123

Hi!

We are booked on the 3/5/16 Escape and doing a little research. For those of you that have been already and can answer a few questions, we would appreciate it!

Did any of you use the iConcierge app to message kids (or other guests) while on board? If not, what was best method of keeping in touch with other guests?

For those of you that have tried Le Bistro, would you recommend it?

Would you recommend the earlier port check-in time (9:30-10am)? From what we have read the people that check in earlier have first access to board (and then can get restaurant/show reservations quicker). Is that correct?

Anyone travel with a bigger group? We have a group of 14 and are wondering how difficult it will be to get in to one of the MDR's each night without reservations?

Is there a “White Party” or any formal night?

Thank you for your input!

Hi!

We are booked on the 3/5/16 Escape and doing a little research. For those of you that have been already and can answer a few questions, we would appreciate it!

Did any of you use the iConcierge app to message kids (or other guests) while on board? If not, what was best method of keeping in touch with other guests?

For those of you that have tried Le Bistro, would you recommend it?

Would you recommend the earlier port check-in time (9:30-10am)? From what we have read the people that check in earlier have first access to board (and then can get restaurant/show reservations quicker). Is that correct?

Anyone travel with a bigger group? We have a group of 14 and are wondering how difficult it will be to get in to one of the MDR's each night without reservations?

Is there a “White Party” or any formal night?

Thank you for your input!

If you are booked for March with 14, you better book dining and entertainment asap. I am booked for March 26 with 12 and there is hardly anything left for SDP.

Our family (6 of us traveling together) was on the Escape 12/12-19. We all purchased the IConcierge phone app and thought it worked great. Sometimes a text or call wouldn't go right through, but 90% of the time we could reach each other. You could call or text from phone to phone, or call the cabin phone. You could also see all activities on the schedule, make reservations, or contact Guest Services. Well worth the $7.95 for this service.

The White Party was held on Thursday night and was a great time!

What is this earlier port check-in time you speak of? I haven't heard of it.

Le Bistro is good!

I have also heard iConcierge is the way to go. I plan on getting it for my phone and my kids' phones in March.

Edited by Kdiamond55

iconcierge was well worth the $7 for keeping in touch. The key is to follow the message. It will say sending or SENT in Red. It will move over to delivered once the message gets to their phone. So sometimes messages would get lost, and you would need to retype. As someone else said 90% of the time they delivered right away. The App was also great for using the account review, and the "whats going on" button for seeing that day's schedule.

The app is a must for keeping in touch, well worth the $7. Works for text and voice.

I would book table reservations now. The Escape has more passengers than it has restaurant capacity. It is also understaffed which makes things even tighter. We booked our group of eight, 3 months in advance and even that was a little tight. We ended up relegated to early seatings (5pm) to get accommodated.

I saw lots of arguments with people trying to get seated, even in apparently empty restaurants. I spoke with many angry passengers who bought the prepaid meals plan and then couldn't get a reservation once aboard. Good luck!

Edited by jwalter644

No breakfast at all in Margaritaville on the cruise last week. There was coffee up there and there may have been a pastry or two- but no real food.

I-concierge worked great- as long as you leave the app open. Otherwise you won't get the alerts.

We had no issue getting seated in the free dining rooms, Food Republic or O'Sheehan's - we had no reservations for four of seven nights and ate with no wait at all.

Is it 7.95 for the main phone in cabin (rest of the phones free) or do all participants have to pay the 7.95 fee?

It does not involve the cabin phone at all, so I have no idea what you mean by "main phone in cabin". It's $7.95 per device activated. If I activate it for use on my iPhone, I pay $7.95. If my husband activates his iPhone, it's another $7.95, and so on... If we are both activated, then we can communicate with one another through the app. You can only communicate with others who have active devices.

It does not involve the cabin phone at all, so I have no idea what you mean by "main phone in cabin". It's $7.95 per device activated. If I activate it for use on my iPhone, I pay $7.95. If my husband activates his iPhone, it's another $7.95, and so on... If we are both activated, then we can communicate with one another through the app. You can only communicate with others who have active devices.

Pizza. Thanks so much for explaining. I'm good now :D

Pizza. Thanks so much for explaining. I'm good now :D

You're welcome. Also, anyone who wants to use it should install the app prior to sailing, or they'd have to buy an internet package in order to download the app. It just sits on my phone all the time now, and I reactivate it any time I sail.

We were a party of 14 - sailed on the Escape first week of Jan.

Booking the dining was a breeze. Upon embarkation, in the Comedy Club venue, all reservations are taken. I made the first few nights and then ended up changing around a lot. Anna, in dining res at the Manhattan Room, is a gem. She allowed us to change around, switch dining rooms, request waiters, etc. There was never more than a few minute wait. Very easy for large group!!

Nope. My guess is they were thinking either Vibe passes or the fact that in some cases you can pay a cover charge to join a party in the Hevn restaurant.

I read on a review that you can pay $19.99/day to use the Haven pool. I hadn't heard this before. Can anyone confirm?