Port to ferry for excursion

Joe3245345

First time cruisers going on RCCL Jewel in April. We will be arriving in Nassau at 7 and leaving at 5. Want to book Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim on own to save money. How far is it from port to the ferry? Can we catch the 8:30 ferry to Blue Lagoon? I just want to be able to enjoy the beach there and the dolphins without being rushed back. Is this feasible?

Thanks

First time cruisers going on RCCL Jewel in April. We will be arriving in Nassau at 7 and leaving at 5. Want to book Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim on own to save money. How far is it from port to the ferry? Can we catch the 8:30 ferry to Blue Lagoon? I just want to be able to enjoy the beach there and the dolphins without being rushed back. Is this feasible?

Thanks

I did this excursion on my own when we stayed at the Atlantis resort. The ferry is about a 5 minute taxi ride from the cruise port. It will take you over the bridge that leads to Atlantis. Right in between the two bridges is where the ferry leaves from, it's about an half hour ride each way to the island from paradise island. It's a really enjoyable ride over as you get to see a lot of resorts and private homes. I wouldn't hesitate doing this on my own, it's very simple.

thanks for the info. Yeah for a family of four it will be at least 300 more to booh through RCCL

Just be careful of your timing. You'll need to get the 2pm ferry back. The 4pm ferry will not get you back in time for boarding.

Taking the RCCL excursion quarantees that you'll be back in time.

We did the dolphin encounter a few years back. We did the 10:30 encounter and could have caught the 1 o'clock ferry back but decided to enjoy the island for another hour. We didn't have time for the beach but we did have time to walk around and see the sea lions and dolphins.

I believe you need to check in at the ferry half an hour before your excursion time so if you're off the ship by 9:30, you should have plenty of time for the 10:30 swim. I don't think I'd chance the 8:30 swim, in case the ship gets delayed coming into port.