Has anyone been bumped from their cabin on the Vista?

heatherbelle

Has anyone been bumped from their chosen cabin besides me? I had an OV booked with 2 picture windows on the side of the boat and have now been moved to the rear of the boat.

No emails received either by my TA or me.

If you are booked in a Family Harbour OV you might want to check your booking.:eek:

One lucky family on my sailing has had their two cabins upgraded to balconies.

I'm booked in a Family Harbor Deluxe OV and my cabin is unchanged. I have 4 booked in a cabin for 4, so there's really no reason for me to get bumped. I suppose if you only had 2 or 3 booked in a cabin for 4, they might bump you if a family of 4 wanted it and there was a cabin for 3 still open for you.

More info has now been gleamed from Carnival.

I had booked 2470 back in February, deck plans at the time showed this as a three person normal cabin.

Now Carnival have reclassified this cabin as a two person HC cabin, so I have been moved. Fair enough.

I spotted this because my friend on another site posted that he had been upgraded to two balcony cabins on deck 6 from his two FE cabins. He discovered his change through manage my booking on Carnivals website.

When I checked I saw that I had been changed to another cabin also, although not the free upgrade.

So if anyone is at the back of the boat in those Harbour view cabins you might want to check your bookings or ask your TA to check. No notifications were received by either ourselves or our TA's of the changes.

We're in 2462 and 2470 and now they've been classified as HC. I wish they would bump us to balconies :D

2470 has two picture windows in it, that's why I chose it, it is also quite a bit bigger than a balcony and you will be able to get snacks from across the hall.

I am gutted about losing that room. But if it's reclassified so be it.

Are there only two of you booked in the room?

I can understand being bumped since they reclassified the 4 side-facing FE cabins as HC. Personally, I would be upset if they moved me from a FE to a balcony on deck 6 without notification. The Family Harbor is a draw for me, and being moved out of it without being asked would be unacceptable, even if it was to a balcony.

and you will be able to get snacks from across the hall.

Where did you see snacks across the hall from 2470? There are only a series of FAs across from 2470. The snacks are in the lounge, across from the elevator banks & suites.

2470 has two picture windows in it, that's why I chose it, it is also quite a bit bigger than a balcony and you will be able to get snacks from across the hall.

I am gutted about losing that room. But if it's reclassified so be it.

Are there only two of you booked in the room?

Yes, we are only 2 in the cabin.

Actually I'm seriously considering moving myself, since I don't like for the cruise line to pivk my cabin.

Since it will be very port intensive in Europe, it would be better for us to get 2 connecting cabins all the way forward. The cabins will be smaller, but we won't be spending much time in them anyway.

Has anyone been bumped from their chosen cabin besides me? I had an OV booked with 2 picture windows on the side of the boat and have now been moved to the rear of the boat.

No emails received either by my TA or me.

If you are booked in a Family Harbour OV you might want to check your booking.:eek:

One lucky family on my sailing has had their two cabins upgraded to balconies.

I have been moved 4 times as upgades on my cabin. I started out in a cabin on Deck 2 and now am on Deck 8! I did get a phone call last week offering me an upgrade from an interior cabin to a balcony for an amazing one time fee-I jumped on that! I would simply call your PVP and have a chat!

I just logged in to have a look. We booked cabin 6336 which was 1A Lower/Upper. I was surprised to see bed options on my booking (2 twins or 1 king). I just went and looked at the deck plan, and I see it has now been reclassified as a 4E.

Bit of mixed feeling about that. We are on the Transatlantic sailing, and felt that the extra floor space would make the cabin feel alot bigger. However on the flip side, we now have a 4E at a 1A price.

I have been moved 4 times as upgades on my cabin. I started out in a cabin on Deck 2 and now am on Deck 8! I did get a phone call last week offering me an upgrade from an interior cabin to a balcony for an amazing one time fee-I jumped on that! I would simply call your PVP and have a chat!

I was wondering when your sail date is

I am currently in 2471/2475

I know those cabins fit 4 but we are 3 and 3 as they showed for both 3 and 4 booking when I selected them.

I wont be pleased if we are switched. I have 4 kids and those were the only two side by side left in the family area. Hopefully they would take that into account before we are bumped.

My parents got moved from an accessible inside on deck 5 to a window Spa cabin when they changed the accessible for the cabin they were in. So that's an upgrade. We are 3 in a 4 connecting cabin right now, (we didn't choose it our PVP did) so who knows where we will actually be.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that it has two windows in it when there are no actual pictures of the rooms yet?

Edited by bakersdozen12

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that it has two windows in it when there are no actual pictures of the rooms yet?

When you look at the info on the deck plan it gives a description, that says 2 picture windows.

I booked the cabin back in February 2015, so the cabin may have changed, as originally the cabin was for three and not HC marked on the deck plan. The deck plan has now been changed to HC for 2 people.

I'm a bit worried now. I'm booked with my Mom in a Havana Aft Balcony cabin on Deck 6 for the Transatlantic. When we booked, it was just a regular aft balcony but has since been reclassified as Havana. :D We didn't have to pay any extra. I'm just worried that since it's now a higher category than what we booked and paid for, they might kick us out so they can resell it at the Havana price (which is quite a bit more than what we paid) or if someone calls wanting to book a Havana at the Havana price, they might kick us out (again, since we didn't pay for Havana). We booked quite awhile ago, it got reclassified a month or 2 after we booked, and we are both Platinum if any of that makes a difference. I just checked our booking and we are still in that cabin (for now). I would be so bummed, I've been looking forward to the private pool area and bar.

I'm a bit worried now. I'm booked with my Mom in a Havana Aft Balcony cabin on Deck 6 for the Transatlantic. When we booked, it was just a regular aft balcony but has since been reclassified as Havana. :D We didn't have to pay any extra. I'm just worried that since it's now a higher category than what we booked and paid for, they might kick us out so they can resell it at the Havana price (which is quite a bit more than what we paid) or if someone calls wanting to book a Havana at the Havana price, they might kick us out (again, since we didn't pay for Havana). We booked quite awhile ago, it got reclassified a month or 2 after we booked, and we are both Platinum if any of that makes a difference. I just checked our booking and we are still in that cabin (for now). I would be so bummed, I've been looking forward to the private pool area and bar.

You should be ok. The only bumping being done are from cabins with a higher capacity (for instance if you booked 2 guests in a cabin for 4) or if you booked a modified cabin and Carnival needs it for a true handicapped guest.

The week of January 4, 2016 Carnival informed my TA that my grand suite I booked had to be converted to a Balcony wheelchair access room. I was guaranteed a balcony cabin at that time since all of the GS and Ocean suites were taken!! I was told Carnival would "take care of me with compensations" if a GS didn't open up before the Feb 1 final payment deadline as we're on the inaugural cruise of May 1st!!

On the 1st, no rooms were available above a balcony we were told. Carnival would extend our final payment due date if we wanted to continue to wait which we did.

And today I'm happy to say we were finally able to "snag" a GS. I'm not sure if this is due to someone canceling now or if they booted someone that booked a GS after we booked ours over a year ago! No questions asked, gladly paid for the cruise and am all smiles at this point. If someone did get the boot, I'm sure Carnival compensated them dearly I hope!!

You should be ok. The only bumping being done are from cabins with a higher capacity (for instance if you booked 2 guests in a cabin for 4) or if you booked a modified cabin and Carnival needs it for a true handicapped guest.

Or the cabin you orginal booked for the correct number of people has now been changed to accommodating a different number of persons (lower number from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2) or has been changed into a modified cabin, again 3 to 2 people). It's to do with the number of people allocated to lifeboats and fitting beds/couches into room size, now they can see what the finished cabins look like.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks!! :D

One strange thing did happen with our cabin (and neither us or our TA heard about it from Carnival, I found out when I was checking our booking on Carnival's website after reading this thread). We're still booked in the same cabin, in the same location, and the same category but our cabin number changed. :confused: It was cabin 6475 (or close to that, don't remember the exact number offhand), now it's cabin 6467. It is exactly the same cabin, just a different cabin number. Why would that happen? I've never seen or heard of that happening before and I just thought it was weird. I have sailed on a new ship before (was on the Maiden Voyage of the Oasis of the Seas) and nothing strange like this happened then.

Or the cabin you orginal booked for the correct number of people has now been changed to accommodating a different number of persons (lower number from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2) or has been changed into a modified cabin, again 3 to 2 people). It's to do with the number of people allocated to lifeboats and fitting beds/couches into room size, now they can see what the finished cabins look like.

Nope, I think we're good there!! :D It was a 2 person cabin when we booked and it's still a 2 person cabin. Shouldn't be a problem since there are only 2 of us cruising.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks!! :D

One strange thing did happen with our cabin (and neither us or our TA heard about it from Carnival, I found out when I was checking our booking on Carnival's website after reading this thread). We're still booked in the same cabin, in the same location, and the same category but our cabin number changed. :confused: It was cabin 6475 (or close to that, don't remember the exact number offhand), now it's cabin 6467. It is exactly the same cabin, just a different cabin number. Why would that happen? I've never seen or heard of that happening before and I just thought it was weird. I have sailed on a new ship before (was on the Maiden Voyage of the Oasis of the Seas) and nothing strange like this happened then.

Nope, I think we're good there!! :D It was a 2 person cabin when we booked and it's still a 2 person cabin. Shouldn't be a problem since there are only 2 of us cruising.

There were a number of cabins on deck 6 that were removed last year when they expanded the Havana area, but they didn't renumber the cabins at that time. They've since renumbered the cabins so there's not a gap. That most likely explains it

There were a number of cabins on deck 6 that were removed last year when they expanded the Havana area, but they didn't renumber the cabins at that time. They've since renumbered the cabins so there's not a gap. That most likely explains it

Ah, that solves the mystery!! I do remember that they removed some cabins when they expanded the Havana area (to include the cabin we're in and the few beside it, YAY!! :D ) but never even thought about what happened to the numbers assigned to those cabins. What you've said makes perfect sense. Thanks!! :D