Chichen-Itza or Coba from Cozumel

lspringman

Hi everyone!

We'll be on the Jade in March and was looking to go to either Chichen-Itza or Coba, but from looking at the list of excursions offered through the ship, neither one of them are an option.

Anybody know if we can book an excursion ourselves? Any tour guide/company you can recommend?

Also, those that have gone to both, which do you recommend??

Thanks so much!

Laurel

Even Coba from Cozumel is tough. You have to take the ferry, then drive a bit over an hour south. They are nice ruins and while not as extensive as Chichen Itza, still worth seeing.

I would only do this with several hours of leeway. I would not attempt Chichen Itza from Cozumel.

OP, we will be on the Jade in March as well. When I checked a month ago I could have sworn I saw quite a few excursion options for Cozumel, including at least one for ruins. When I check today I only see 12 options (no ruins).

I logged in to sign up for Passion Island (we're using this port as a beach day), which was definitely listed before but not anymore. Looks like they're doing some cleanup because of the Belize itinerary change so I am hoping that once Belize City excursions become available the missing Cozumel ones show up again. There are just too many missing for me to believe that those are all fully booked.

Edited by wsoxfan
spelling

Hi everyone!

We'll be on the Jade in March and was looking to go to either Chichen-Itza or Coba, but from looking at the list of excursions offered through the ship, neither one of them are an option.

Anybody know if we can book an excursion ourselves? Any tour guide/company you can recommend?

Also, those that have gone to both, which do you recommend??

Thanks so much!

Laurel

I've been to both, and both are great. But never in a million years would I attempt them from Cozumel. You have a 45 minute ferry ride just to get to mainland Mexico, then another (at least) 2 hour drive from there. Unless you want to hire a private pilot to fly you, save these for a land vacation.

I've never heard of a Cozumel ship doing an excursion to either, since they aren't in the vicinity. You might find something to Tulum, which is nice, but makes for a long day of travel. Again, save it for a land trip. If you must see ruins, there are some small ones on Cozumel called San Gervasio which are a cab ride away from the port and can be done in a total of a few hours, including travel time.