From LAX to San Pedro a hotel near Ruby

ottmar

Personally, we avoid staying at airport hotels unless we have an early morning flight. LAX is definitely a place to stay awy from if you can help it. We stayed at the Marriott after our wedding as we had an early morning flight to Honolulu. But once we were there, we felt stuck. And late at night nothing was available from room service so fortunately the hotel had given us a fruit basket and bottle of bubbly.

At night, traffic should be light going to San Pedro. And you can sleep in before catching the hotel shuttle to the port.

We don't like The Crown Plaza or the Doubletree and would never stay at the Best Western.

We have used PT and SS countless times in LA and other then them not having our res once or twice we have never had an issue with them.

Great.

And I like the The Crowne Plaza, DoubleTree and the Best Western, so do a lot of cruisers.

I had so many problems with SuperShuttle at LAX that I tried PrimeTime and it was worse.

Now I use ExecuCar by SuperShuttle or another non-shared shuttle and have never had a problem like I experienced with the shared services.

Edited by scottca075

Our plane land a 9 pm and by the time we grab a quick bite and get going it will be10 and I wonder if a shuttle is still available so late or if I just should get a taxi, though they are over $60 I am told.

I would check PT/SS website.

A cab is around $60. For piece of mind at that time of the night it would probably be the better choice. :)

Our plane land a 9 pm and by the time we grab a quick bite and get going it will be10 and I wonder if a shuttle is still available so late or if I just should get a taxi, though they are over $60 I am told.

Shuttles run pretty much around the clock at LAX...This is one of the five busiest airports in the world! Flights come and go all the time...I've had shuttles pick me up at 2:00 am...

If you have any doubt, just make a reservation with a shuttle company...

I booked the Crown Plaza yesterday through Priceline for $103. Needing transportation from LAX to there at ten o'clock at night it would be good to get a shuttle but if not a taxi.

Do I just walk outside and ask which shuttle I should take?

I booked the Crown Plaza yesterday through Priceline for $103. Needing transportation from LAX to there at ten o'clock at night it would be good to get a shuttle but if not a taxi.

Do I just walk outside and ask which shuttle I should take?

Outside baggage claim. There should be both shuttles SS/PT.