Nicole721 Takes on the SUNSHINE: A Full PICTORIAL Review

Nicole721

We traversed from Frontierland to Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, going on as many rides as we could get in. Some of them were new to us (Voyage of the Little Mermaid). Others were longstanding favorites. But within a couple of hours, we’d gone on every ride we wanted to.

DSC_5032.jpg

DSC_5068.jpg

DSC_5070.jpg

DSC_5103.jpg

DSC_5115.jpg

Once we’d finished on our last ride (Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, for those of you keeping track at home), we headed towards the castle for the fireworks show.

DSC_5114.jpg

DSC_5120.jpg

The Christmas party fireworks were less impressive than the Halloween ones. The score isn’t as moving and it’s a bit shorter. But no one does fireworks quite like Disney does and even if it’s not the best we’ve seen from them, it's still pretty fantastic.

DSC_5122.jpg

DSC_5131.jpg

DSC_5148.jpg

DSC_5153.jpg

We didn’t intend to stay the entire time (the park shuts down at midnight), but even tired, cold and sore, we managed to make it through to the very end of the party, exiting the park to a fake snow shower on Main Street USA.

DSC_5196.jpg

220.jpg

DSC_5197.jpg

DSC_5198.jpg

DSC_5201.jpg

By the time we got back to the hotel, I was deliriously tired and I was pretty sure my contact lenses were stuck to my eyes (thanks in large part to the psuedo glaucoma test I got when the bottles of champagne all pop in Mickey’s Philharmagic), so I sat on the balcony enjoying the last bits of the nighttime quiet of the Gaylord Palms while Mom and Stephanie packed, and then I finally passed out around 2:30 in the morning.

218.jpg

Vacation? Sleep? Yeah, not this time.

Great start to your TR!

We were @ the first MVMCP in November and could barely move it was so crowded lol. Enjoy seeing your pictures of the MK.:)

We loved the Destiny and liked the Sunshine (8 day to Aruba & Curacao). Had some issues with large group of rowdy passengers and crowded areas, especially comedy club but chalked it up to luck of the draw.

I had expected it would be a bit difficult to navigate due to the deck additions.

Honestly, shocked to read so many awful recent reviews here for her, as we are considering booking a Half Moon Cay itinerary.:confused:

Look forward to hearing how your holiday saiing worked out.

You're 100% right, the Pete Pan line never ends. We have had annual passes for the last 3 years and have probably only gone on once, the line is NEVER short, and with a currently 6 and 3 year old (so 3 and newborn when we started), long lines are a no go. It's not even that great of a ride anyway. I don't understand why people consistently wait 2 hours for it.

Heading on the Sunshine in April, looking forward to a preview :D

That Peter Pan line...I'm glad you went through the new queue because it's pretty cool and is almost worth the years they took adding it. We've only gone through it once. Recently we went at park open with friends and while everyone else made a mad dash for mine train (pushing the wait time for that one up to 60 minutes at park open...), we went to Peter Pan and got the glorious 20 minute wait you never see. But yeah, that ride is not worth the long line it draws, cute, but meh at the same time. But those castle views...it doesn't matter how many times I go to the park, I still get all child-like happy about it. I have more pictures of the castle than I can count, and I still take one every time we go.

That hotel is gorgeous. I've never been to it, blame it on the local thing, but it might be worth a look for a quick celebration few nights away from home deal.

Peter Pan line is ridiculous. But it's nostalgic and I Need to ride it every time. A couple of friends of mine were just there and I told them they NEEDED to ride it, they were not happy they waited 90 minutes for a 30 second ride lol

Idk what I'm more jealous of, your travels, or your travel purchases! Louis in Paris, Tory in Orlando, I'm drooling just thinking about it! We have similar tastes I can tell.

I always eat at Pecos Bill. Been to Disney too many times to count and I don't feel "at home" until I've eaten there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sailing on Feb 5th and this will be the smallest ship for us so far. I'm very concerned about CCL's choice to eliminate one pool and a lot of deck space in lieu of paid options. They also added cabins! So on paper, it's a recipe for one heluva crowded deck area...I just hope they haven't gotten too greedy. I'm keeping an open mind however and look forward to your perspective.

Great start to your TR!

We were @ the first MVMCP in November and could barely move it was so crowded lol. Enjoy seeing your pictures of the MK.:)

We loved the Destiny and liked the Sunshine (8 day to Aruba & Curacao). Had some issues with large group of rowdy passengers and crowded areas, especially comedy club but chalked it up to luck of the draw.

I had expected it would be a bit difficult to navigate due to the deck additions.

Honestly, shocked to read so many awful recent reviews here for her, as we are considering booking a Half Moon Cay itinerary.:confused:

Look forward to hearing how your holiday saiing worked out.

We were expecting MK to be packed to the gills for the last day of MVMCP and were pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. I'm not sure if the last day just wasn't a big draw or if it was because it rained in the morning and was pretty cold in the afternoon and evening (upper 50s/low 60s).

You're 100% right, the Pete Pan line never ends. We have had annual passes for the last 3 years and have probably only gone on once, the line is NEVER short, and with a currently 6 and 3 year old (so 3 and newborn when we started), long lines are a no go. It's not even that great of a ride anyway. I don't understand why people consistently wait 2 hours for it.

Heading on the Sunshine in April, looking forward to a preview :D

I think there's a magic about the Peter Pan ride (even though, you're right, it's not the greatest), but I'd never wait more than 15 minutes for it ;)

Thanks for following along! :)

That Peter Pan line...I'm glad you went through the new queue because it's pretty cool and is almost worth the years they took adding it. We've only gone through it once. Recently we went at park open with friends and while everyone else made a mad dash for mine train (pushing the wait time for that one up to 60 minutes at park open...), we went to Peter Pan and got the glorious 20 minute wait you never see. But yeah, that ride is not worth the long line it draws, cute, but meh at the same time. But those castle views...it doesn't matter how many times I go to the park, I still get all child-like happy about it. I have more pictures of the castle than I can count, and I still take one every time we go.

That hotel is gorgeous. I've never been to it, blame it on the local thing, but it might be worth a look for a quick celebration few nights away from home deal.

Totally. New queue was pretty cool (for seeing it the first time -- wouldn't be so enchanting if I had to wait through it multiple times!), but it's so deceptive. We saw a 20 minute wait time but the line looked so short we figured the wait time was outdated!

Re: the Gaylord Palms, they have a few restaurants inside that are worth checking out! I hear the food is good (admittedly, we've never dined at any of them! We always end up at DTD/Disney Springs!) and you can stroll around the resort grounds.

Peter Pan line is ridiculous. But it's nostalgic and I Need to ride it every time. A couple of friends of mine were just there and I told them they NEEDED to ride it, they were not happy they waited 90 minutes for a 30 second ride lol

Idk what I'm more jealous of, your travels, or your travel purchases! Louis in Paris, Tory in Orlando, I'm drooling just thinking about it! We have similar tastes I can tell.

I always eat at Pecos Bill. Been to Disney too many times to count and I don't feel "at home" until I've eaten there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We love Pecos Bill's, too! The menu's changed a bit since our last visit, but still so, so good!

And no more big shopping on this trip :( Went to visit the Tiffany & Co inside Little Switzerland in Aruba to find out they closed it. Bah humbug.

I'm sailing on Feb 5th and this will be the smallest ship for us so far. I'm very concerned about CCL's choice to eliminate one pool and a lot of deck space in lieu of paid options. They also added cabins! So on paper, it's a recipe for one heluva crowded deck area...I just hope they haven't gotten too greedy. I'm keeping an open mind however and look forward to your perspective.

In all honesty (and I'll get into more detail), we only had issues with space when it came to finding loungers, and that was exacerbated by ridiculous chair hogging on our cruise. We didn't really experience any space issues otherwise, and the Sunshine is really a lovely ship!

OP - great review so far and your pics are lovely. Keep 'em coming!

Thank you! :)

Thank you so much for this review. I will be on the Sunshine Nov 11th leaving from Charleston, and I'm very excited for your photos.

Don't keep us waiting too long. LOL

I've got plenty of photos for ya! Thanks for reading along :)

In all honesty (and I'll get into more detail), we only had issues with space when it came to finding loungers, and that was exacerbated by ridiculous chair hogging on our cruise. We didn't really experience any space issues otherwise, and the Sunshine is really a lovely ship!

Thank you! :)

We were on the same cruise and agree completely with everything in this post. Loved the Sunshine, and our only complaint was chair-hogging like I've never seen before.

We're looking forward to your review to relive our own cruise. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. :)

We were on the same cruise and agree completely with everything in this post. Loved the Sunshine, and our only complaint was chair-hogging like I've never seen before.

We're looking forward to your review to relive our own cruise. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. :)

Thanks for reading along and re-living it with me! :D

Love your review so far!

We are sailing on the Sunshine this August and can't wait to read the rest of your review! Keep it coming!:)

Thank you!