October 2017 cruise on Quest has Disappeared

beachseeker

For a brief time an online TA had the old cruise and the new shortened cruise both listed for sale. There was a $500 per person difference in the two cruises for the stateroom that we booked. So, Azamara thought the difference between an 8 day cruise and a 7 day cruise was $1000 for our stateroom.

Our TA forwarded the letter that he received from Azamara explaining that our cruise had been modified. Major and Menorca had been dropped and replaced with Sete and shortened by one day. They were offering $400 OBC per stateroom for the change and we would have to rebook. Our TA sends us our new cost and the price for 7 days is exactly the same as the 8 days and the OBC was only $100 per person. TA said Azamara was firm on the cost of the cruise.

Not a good way to treat a customer. Our TA spent the day arguing with Azamara and in the end we got more OBC but certainly not the difference in their posted prices or the difference in our per day cost of our original booking. We really don't like or want OBC, preferring savings on the cost of the cruise. We kept the reservation but it leaves a very bad taste in our mouth. We sail in a month and will make a decision after our Panama Canal cruise.

Edited by beachseeker
Typo

Beyond disappointed to learn that Azamara chartered the Quest R/T Barcelona to Canaries for October 2017. .... I would go on another cruise line but I could no find such a trip.

We were looking at this one, too. Windstar actually has something a little bit similar. Does the Canaries, but Morocco instead of Madeira. They have quite a few sailings of it scheduled, including one in October 2017.

http://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/Mediterranean/Morocco-and-the-Canary-Islands/?id=24&sid=18937

Edited by azevedan

• 9 months later...
Hi bri0417, I'm not sure if you're asking a question here?

If so, the answer is No, the charter is only for one 8-day voyage next year.

Apologies for weight in here, I'm a little confused.

From my side of the web, I can see all the Quest sailings for October 2017 are still on the website, but I am wondering if there's some connection on the Senior Officers Schedule relating to the 28 October sailing that still hasn't been updated.

Bonnie, Am I correct in assuming what is available currently on the Azamara website is in fact still open to the public (and not charters). Hope this isn't too confusing.....

Apologies for weight in here, I'm a little confused.

From my side of the web, I can see all the Quest sailings for October 2017 are still on the website, but I am wondering if there's some connection on the Senior Officers Schedule relating to the 28 October sailing that still hasn't been updated.

Bonnie, Am I correct in assuming what is available currently on the Azamara website is in fact still open to the public (and not charters). Hope this isn't too confusing.....

YES! Everything on our website is available to book (and is NOT a charter...that's one of the stipulations with charters, we are not responsible for marketing them.)

The confusion re the Senior Staff schedule is on our end...we are working on getting the correct dates up for the Quest 2017. By this week it should be reflecting the accurate dates and senior staff. Sorry for this confusion.