October 2017 cruise on Quest has Disappeared

beachseeker

In checking daily for our luggage tag link to appear for our Feb 29th Panama Canal cruise I noticed that our October 2017 cruise on the Quest was no longer listed in My Azamara. Figured it was just a glitch so tried to add it back. No luck. Then checked Azamara's website and there are no Quest cruises listed after the October 4th sailing through the end of the year.

Wondering........

In checking daily for our luggage tag link to appear for our Feb 29th Panama Canal cruise I noticed that our October 2017 cruise on the Quest was no longer listed in My Azamara. Figured it was just a glitch so tried to add it back. No luck. Then checked Azamara's website and there are no Quest cruises listed after the October 4th sailing through the end of the year.

Wondering........

Wow, good catch. I see the next Quest sailing open for sale after October 4th, 2017... is January 4th, 2018 when Quest is in Miami. It seems some changes might be coming. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Wow, good catch. I see the next Quest sailing open for sale after October 4th, 2017... is January 4th, 2018 when Quest is in Miami. It seems some changes might be coming. Stay Tuned !

Andy, what are you keeping from us?

Andy, what are you keeping from us?

Hi Suftum,

Believe me, I wish I knew. We can only sail from Miami, and 4 Miami sailings (and the Transatlantic) are now missing from the schedule. Let's hope they are just tweaking the itineraries.

Hi Suftum,

Believe me, I wish I knew. We can only sail from Miami, and 4 Miami sailings (and the Transatlantic) are now missing from the schedule. Let's hope they are just tweaking the itineraries.

I understand the voyages will be back online in a couple days. Miami is still there (on the schedule I mean)

Purely speculating... Europe not selling well, Caribbean selling super well... Quest coming across earlier.

Hi Floris,

Interesting speculation ! I've wondered about that too. I'm seeing prices for many Caribbean itineraries, like I've never seen before. Prices are high, and seem be going higher. I suspect that at least some of this is due to geopolitical concerns. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Azamara tried to add or extend some Miami sailings.

What totally puzzles me, is the Quest sailings in March of 2018 from San Juan - which historically, generates relatively low pricing. I think Azamara should reconsider the San Juan sailings, in favor of Miami, where the pricing should be higher.

I understand the voyages will be back online in a couple days. Miami is still there (on the schedule I mean)

That's great news ! Thanks for the update Bonnie. Do you believe they are tweaking the itineraries ?

Edited by Host Andy

Our 11/6/17 TA on the Quest is still showing, so I think everything is normal! This will be our first cruise on Azamara, so we are looking forward to it!

No it isn't. It's currently gone from the .com site as are the other sailings around it per the above comments.

Have just spoken to my TA about the missing cruises on Quest from October to December 2017. She contacted Azamara and was told that an official statement would be sent to all TA's with clients booked on any of the affected cruises explaining the situation and listing their options, in 48 hours time. Looks very much like yet more charters for the Quest.

I booked on the Quest Trans Atlantic exactly 12 months ago and paid a deposit of £500. If the cruise is indeed cancelled I hope that the situation is resolved quickly.

Have just spoken to my TA about the missing cruises on Quest from October to December 2017. She contacted Azamara and was told that an official statement would be sent to all TA's with clients booked on any of the affected cruises explaining the situation and listing their options, in 48 hours time. Looks very much like yet more charters for the Quest.

I booked on the Quest Trans Atlantic exactly 12 months ago and paid a deposit of £500. If the cruise is indeed cancelled I hope that the situation is resolved quickly.

Ughhh... Hope it's not true but that is what we suspected from the beginning. Just finished sorting out a charter on Celebrity Summit, losing a very unique itinerary and spending more money. Will start looking for a cruise that goes to Croatia and Livorno. Definitely want an overnight in Livorno. Ughhh!

Hi Berkshireboy,

I hope you are wrong about the Charters (LOL) but thank you for the update. If you hear anything further, please keep us posted.

Our cruise (October 14, 2017) is back on Azamara's website. It is now a 7 day cruise instead of 8, 2 ports dropped and replaced with a new port. Overnight in Livorno is still in the itinerary so we are good. No other missing cruises are posted yet.

Our cruise (October 14, 2017) is back on Azamara's website. It is now a 7 day cruise instead of 8, 2 ports dropped and replaced with a new port. Overnight in Livorno is still in the itinerary so we are good. No other missing cruises are posted yet.

Glad yours is back beachseeker ! Now, what's the deal with the transatlanic, and the Miami sailings ? Keeping fingers crossed :)

Further to my post about possible changes to the October 2017 Trans Atlantic cruise by Quest, a couple of travel agent sites are now showing this cruise departing Barcelona two days earlier on November 4 and arriving Miami also two days earlier on Nov 20.

Port changes are Funchal, Madeira on Wed 8 Nov in place of Huelva, Spain and Labadee, Haiti on Nov 18 instead of Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands.

I can live with this [as long as no further changes!]

As a footnote they are showing subsequent 2017 cruises by Quest as Miami round trips until 4 Jan 2018 when Quest departs Miami for Costa Rica. I'm sure that if this is correct there should be confirmation from Azamara shortly.

Hi Everyone,

The Miami sailings are back on Azamara's website, though they do look fairly different, in that the 4 prior round trip Miami sailings have been reduced to 2 Round trip Miami options. 2 other sailings - Miami to San Juan (8 nights) on 12/1/17, and San Juan to Miami (6 nights) on 12/16/17 have been added to the schedule. Interestingly, there's a hole from 12/9 - 12/15, so there could be a charter in the mix.

Here's what is posted on the Azamara Website :

11/20/17 - 11 nights Caribbean Treasures - Round Trip Miami

12/1/17 - 8 nights Caribbean Sunsets - Miami - San Juan

12/9/17 - 12/15/17 - Unknown

12/16/17 - 6 nights Caribbean breezes - San Juan - Miami

12/22/17 - 13 nights Caribbean Holiday Voyage - Round Trip Miami

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

The Miami sailings are back on Azamara's website, though they do look fairly different, in that the 4 prior round trip Miami sailings have been reduced to 2 Round trip Miami options. 2 other sailings - Miami to San Juan (8 nights) on 12/1/17, and San Juan to Miami (6 nights) on 12/16/17 have been added to the schedule. Interestingly, there's a hole from 12/9 - 12/15, so there could be a charter in the mix.

Here's what is posted on the Azamara Website :

11/20/17 - 11 nights Caribbean Treasures - Round Trip Miami

12/1/17 - 8 nights Caribbean Sunsets - Miami - San Juan

12/9/17 - 12/15/17 - Unknown

12/16/17 - 6 nights Caribbean breezes - San Juan - Miami

12/22/17 - 13 nights Caribbean Holiday Voyage - Round Trip Miami

Hope this helps !

I can confirm the 7-night voyage SJU-SJU on 12/9/2017 is now chartered.

My Quest Transatlantic on 11/6/17 has changed to 11/4/17, but everything else has remained the same! This is fine with me! See everyone 2 days earlier!

Not quite the same as before. There are port changes en route - Funchal, Madeira on Wed 8 Nov in place of Huelva, Spain and Labadee, Haiti on Nov 18 instead of Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. As a result of Funchal replacing Huelva the number of continuous sea days has been reduced by one [although the total number remain the same].

Still - this is fine by me and better than the cruise being cancelled.

Beyond disappointed to learn that Azamara chartered the Quest R/T Barcelona to Canaries for October 2017. We were looking forward to an unusual itinerary and an opportunity to spend time in Barcelona in connection with a cruise. The alternatives offered by Azamara of repositioning cruises from Barcelona with most days at sea are not appealing.

Years ago, some cruise lines offered this itinerary but now the Canaries ae pretty much only R.T from England.

Any chance that Azamara will offer this trip again in the next couple of years. I would go on another cruise line but I could no find such a trip.

Beyond disappointed to learn that Azamara chartered the Quest R/T Barcelona to Canaries for October 2017. We were looking forward to an unusual itinerary and an opportunity to spend time in Barcelona in connection with a cruise. The alternatives offered by Azamara of repositioning cruises from Barcelona with most days at sea are not appealing.

Years ago, some cruise lines offered this itinerary but now the Canaries ae pretty much only R.T from England.

Any chance that Azamara will offer this trip again in the next couple of years. I would go on another cruise line but I could no find such a trip.

I think the charter is in December, San Juan to San Juan. The charter affected most of the cruises from October 14th through the end of the year. Our cruise is shortened by one day. Two ports were dropped and a new port added. Spent most of the day on the phone with our TA who spent most of his day on the phone with Azamara dealing with our cruise in a month and the shortened cruise in 2017. I'm not going to post details tonight. Best to let it sit but needless to say it wasn't positive.