New A La Carte Menus on NCL

Le Cruisester

We don't have SDP as a promotion. If I buy one of the SDP packages can I then ignore the a la carte pricing?

Will I be limited to one appetizer, one entree, one dessert or can I order a couple extra appetizers for no additional charge?

Escape's menus can be found from here. They include also Cagney's and Le Bistro a la carte.

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-escape-menus.html

Thank you. I presume they will not be all that different on other ships as they are introduced.

We don't have SDP as a promotion. If I buy one of the SDP packages can I then ignore the a la carte pricing?

Will I be limited to one appetizer, one entree, one dessert or can I order a couple extra appetizers for no additional charge?

In general yes you can get extra appetizers and extra desserts at no cost but you would pay for extra entrees/mains

Mike

My understanding from reading Escape reviews is that with the SDP you can order as many apps, sides and desserts as you want but only one entree.

With the platinum certificate for Le Bristro, it is limited to 1 app, 1 main and 1 dessert.

I will be on the BA in 16 day, the first sailing with the a la carte menus.

I have a 3 day SDP and my DH and I both will have a Platinum diner at Le Bristro so I will know for sure then.

I will report back after my cruise.

Lois

The short answer is yes, you can ignore the a la carte pricing at Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina. My understanding is that you can still get multiple appetizers, sides and desserts, but are limited to one entree without additional charge. Also, some of the other restaurants (sushi, ocean blue, entertainment-based dining) carry and up charge on top of using one of your SDP meal credits.

I will be on the BA in 16 day, the first sailing with the a la carte menus. I have a 3 day SDP and my DH and I both will have a Platinum diner at Le Bristro so I will know for sure then.

I will report back after my cruise.

Lois

Would you please be so kind as to post also on the Discussion from the Mar 26 Roll Call for the Sun.

Thanks

Mike

I'm a newbie to NCL anyone have any suggestions of where to go and what to order. I have the 4 meal package

Depends on what sort of food you like. And which ship you are on. Me on the Sun and Star:-

#1 French le Bistro The "Poshest"; dress up a little

#2 Cagneys BIG American steaks and so on

#3 Repeat the better of those 2!!

#4 Moderno South American "Pieces of Meat" with lovely salad bar etc

#s 5-7 Repeat as you feel like

#8 Italian la Cucina Poor cousin of good Italians onshore

I know you said 4 but that would give you an idea of my preferences!!

Mike

Thank you to all of you who answered my question.

Even though hubby and I each have platinum Le Bistro, since we're on 14 day transatlantic I'll buy a 3 day SDP so we can also try Cagneys a couple times without paying those high entree prices and can try more than one appetizer

Edited by NMLady