Cheesecake Factory logistics

Gallivanting Souls

Looks like we will be staying at the Hyatt House. I've been looking for possible places to eat. We will not have a car. I see that Cheesecake factory is about 2 miles or so away. What are our options for getting to/from Cheesecake factory? I hadn't planned on eating at chains, but we do not have Cheesecake factory where we live and both DH & I really like cheesecake! Is cab our only option or the bus that I hear mentioned, will it work that late?

Looks like we will be staying at the Hyatt House. I've been looking for possible places to eat. We will not have a car. I see that Cheesecake factory is about 2 miles or so away. What are our options for getting to/from Cheesecake factory? I hadn't planned on eating at chains, but we do not have Cheesecake factory where we live and both DH & I really like cheesecake! Is cab our only option or the bus that I hear mentioned, will it work that late?

Hyatt House or Hyatt Place? Those are two different hotels in different locations. It sounds like you mean Hyatt Place (about 2.5 miles away from the Cheesecake Factory) and not Hyatt House (about 7 miles from the Cheesecake Factory).

If by bus you are referring to the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) it only operates until 6:30. If you plan to eat early you could take it one way and then cab it back. If you do this, make sure you leave enough time on your outbound trip to make the connection from the beach link to the Las Olas link before the trolley stops running.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of Hyatt Place. Give your requirements (type of food, price, ambiance, etc.) and just ask for recommendations here.

Edited by capriccio

Are you in decent shape?

If you are you could walk it if it isn't July or August.

Left on 17th Street, right onto Federal Highway, under the bridge, U-turn to the right after you get out of the bridge and it's right in front of you.

Another fun thing would be Broward BCycle (Broward Bikes). You can pick them up in front of the Art Institute and ride them to Las Olas. The first thirty minutes is free so if you go by my walking directions, it wouldn't cost you anything.

Going by beach is gorgeous. The views on top of the 17th Street Bridge and the Las Olas Bridge are amazing!

You would just drop the bikes off at the rack in front of The Riverside Hotel which is next door to the Cheesecake Factory.

http://www.Broward.BCycle.com

If it is only a couple of miles, maybe the hotel shuttle can take you. You can ask- just be sure to tip the driver.

Because of traffic and having to go through three major intersections, under a river, and a bunch of minor intersections, they may not shuttle to Las Olas. It's not a quick trip for the shuttle.

Yes, I meant Hyatt Place. I was still thinking of the cheese cake. It clouded my mind :D

No particular food required. I talked to my DH and he would be fine with Wendy's. We will be gone for 3 weeks on this trip and although I really did not want to dine at any chain restaurants, I don't mind eating here this once to eat on the cheap. :eek: I have no idea what time our plane lands. If by chance we get in early enough, I might still try and get to Cheesecake Factory.

Thanks for being honest with the logistics. Every time I mention a bike on vacation, my DH says I'm not on vacation to work :rolleyes: