Yet Another SDP Question.

XCruiseMe17

Yes it does. It means that on the nights you go to those places you may not get as much value out of your SDP credits as you would if you used them in different places.

I'm sure that you can request that a credit isn't used for that venue, pay the full fee, and use the credit elsewhere if that will work better for you.

Edited by KeithJenner

Im not even sure if I want to try Bayamo or Pincho Tapas yet. I feel like it would be a better value for me to just pay for the Supper Club out of pocket rather than waste a SDP credit. I haven't seen a lot of reviews on Bayamo, guess I have to do my research. Thank you for answering my question.

Yes it does. It means that on the nights you go to those places you may not get as much value out of your SDP credits as you would if you used them in different places.

I'm sure that you can request that a credit isn't used for that venue, pay the full fee, and use the credit elsewhere if that will work better for you.

Keep in mind that Bayamo is a la carte if not using a package. Take a look at the menu and pick out what you think you might order. Add up the a la carte prices. You can then determine if using one night of package plus $15 is a better deal. It could be quite a tab at the end of the evening, but maybe you are a light eater.

Im not even sure if I want to try Bayamo or Pincho Tapas yet. I feel like it would be a better value for me to just pay for the Supper Club out of pocket rather than waste a SDP credit. I haven't seen a lot of reviews on Bayamo, guess I have to do my research. Thank you for answering my question.

The food at Baymo was great and worth the upcharge. And the $7 upcharge at Tapas is well worth it if you intend to try a lot off the menu (remember, they are all small plates). We went to Tapas a la carte and ran up a pretty big bill.

If you paid for your SDP (vs. the promotion), the analysis shows that it would be cheaper to pay for the Supper Club, than use an SDP credit + upcharge.

You can always use your SDP for the ole standbys like Cagneys and Le Bistro with no upcharge.

326d8d4d129e7e483f5223ad58491f5e.jpg

9741c0dbfe39c77ed7ea62f1dfc637ba.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

We have the 3 meal SDP and have made reservations at Cagney's, LeBistro and Teppanyaki. Are there items on their menus where we might experience an upcharge? How does that work with the SDP? Thanks!

It depends a little on whether you are on a ship which has the new menus or not when you sail.

With the new a la carte menus the only extra charge you may have is if you order multiple entrees.

With the old menus in Cagneys and Le Bistro then I'm not quite sure whether there may be some surcharges for specific items. There are some items which were listed as having an additional fee on top of the cover charge and last time I looked there was some debate as to whether that surcharge applied with the SDP (my experience was that it didn't).

With the old menus, there is a $10 charge for additional entrees.

I think that makes sense. :)

We have the 3 meal SDP and have made reservations at Cagney's, LeBistro and Teppanyaki. Are there items on their menus where we might experience an upcharge? How does that work with the SDP? Thanks!

You can order any entree off the menu, even those with an upcharge (for no additional money). On a la carte ships, you can order any entree off the menu.

Edited by BirdTravels