Epic solo traveller Feb 3rd 2016

vanessajoanne

I am booked in a solo studio cabin for this my first NCL cruise.

Any other solos out there?

If you have been in one of these cabins, is there any hanging space or are there shelves only?

I read somewhere that the shower is actually in the cabin is this so? And what is the situation with the loo?

I am from Teddington in UK and very much looking forward to this trip.

If you have been in one of these cabins, is there any hanging space or are there shelves only?

I read somewhere that the shower is actually in the cabin is this so? And what is the situation with the loo?

To find other people on your particular sailing check out the roll call forum. Simple look for your ship/sailing date:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

You'll have plenty of chances to meet other solo travelers. There is a nightly get-together in the Studio Lounge.

Shower and toilet in the room? LOL....yes, they are.

I was in a studio in November. It was excellent - really well designed. There is plenty of shelf and and hanging space, complete with coat hangers.

The shower is in the corner of a cabin and is quite a good one. It's all ventilated so the place didn't feel humid or anything after using it. The toilet is opposite in an enclosed space. The set up worked fine (and sounds better than some of the regular cabins, actually).

The best bit is having access to the studio lounge. This was excellent in the morning because it has the best coffee maker on the ship, and you can help yourself to cereals, croissants and cookies if you want before heading on out.

Hope you have a great time!

agree with everyone above, I've done the studios twice and would definitely do again! Lots of storage, quirky mood lighting, great lounge with great people, bar that opens at 6ish and excellent coffee. Loads of people used to sit in the lounge all day - working, reading, watching tv, chatting etc. Any other questions? I'm on the EPIC the cruise before yours. :)

Hi Vanessa Joanne!

Please join our February 3 roll call here on Cruise Critic! And do check out our website where we have events and tours listed as well as sign up for the Meet and greet on February 4!

http://epic3rdfeb2016.weebly.com/

Look forward to sailing with you!

Edited by Gemini8

Love the epic! The studio cabin is great and it does have two closets with hangers but they face you vertically not on the horizontal like a regular closet. Everything else is shelves. I have pictures of the cabin my Epic Mediterranean review in my signature links below. There are also others who have been in studio cabins on epic and have reviews with pictures you can search for.

They have the floor plan on the NCL website as well that will show you the layout of the shower and the toilet room.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

The studio cabin is great and it does have two closets with hangers but they face you vertically not on the horizontal like a regular closet. Everything else is shelves.

Can you elaborate on what you mean that the hangers face you vertically? I'm trying to imagine that, and no way I imagine it does it make sense in a world with gravity, so I'm obviously not understanding! LOL. I've searched for photos of the closet, but haven't been able to find any. At least half the clothing I bring with me needs to hang, so you've piqued my interest. :p

Thanks!

I sailed in a Solo studio on the Epic in 2013. I cannot specifically remember the closet setup, but I remember that the empty hangers kept banging against each other during the night as I guess we had a little bit of a rough ride. I finally had to pull them out of the closet and stick them in the drawer! I really liked the room set up, as well as the Solo studio lounge. There, you have the option of gathering with other solo cruisers and making plans for meals or other activities.

Edited by OhJinkies

Maybe this youtube video will help:

That was very helpful, thanks! You get only a little glimpse of the hangers, but it was enough to see what we're talking about. They're perpendicular to the door with the rod running front to back instead of being parallel with the rod running side to side like a "normal" closet. I may have to rethink which blouses to bring so I have fewer that need to be hung and more that can be stored folded. :o

Thanks!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

That was very helpful, thanks! You get only a little glimpse of the hangers, but it was enough to see what we're talking about. They're perpendicular to the door with the rod running front to back instead of being parallel with the rod running side to side like a "normal" closet. I may have to rethink which blouses to bring so I have fewer that need to be hung and more that can be stored folded. :o

Thanks!

IMG_0012-1.jpg

There are two 'hanging' closets, the one closest to the bed will have the safe and life jacket in it though, a good place to hang blouses and not longer items.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

Lots of space under the sink and in the cubby holes as well. I moved some of the towels out and put my own things there. I think you will find there is ample room for your clothes.

There are two 'hanging' closets, the one closest to the bed will have the safe and life jacket in it though, a good place to hang blouses and not longer items.

Lots of space under the sink and in the cubby holes as well. I moved some of the towels out and put my own things there. I think you will find there is ample room for your clothes.

Wonderful! Thank you so much! I didn't realize there were two, so that should be fine then. Thanks for the pics! I'm really looking forward to the "studio experience" and hoping I take well to it.

Can you elaborate on what you mean that the hangers face you vertically? I'm trying to imagine that, and no way I imagine it does it make sense in a world with gravity, so I'm obviously not understanding! LOL. I've searched for photos of the closet, but haven't been able to find any. At least half the clothing I bring with me needs to hang, so you've piqued my interest. :p

Thanks!

I see you got pictures and a video to help explain. I staged my shirts in one and my skirts in another in order I figured I'd wear them. It is a bit of a pain, though.

I really liked using packing cubes on the shelves, I was able to put ore up in a better order when I used them the second time I was in a studio as opposed to just folding them the first time.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

I see you got pictures and a video to help explain. I staged my shirts in one and my skirts in another in order I figured I'd wear them. It is a bit of a pain, though.

I really liked using packing cubes on the shelves, I was able to put ore up in a better order when I used them the second time I was in a studio as opposed to just folding them the first time.

I usually use packing cubes, so I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you all so much. All very helpful. I usually pack my items on the hangers (I use the lightweight velour ones) because the cruise ones drive me nuts.

Other stuff I put in packing cubes so it looks as though it will all work well.

Not long to go now.