No Cabin Assignment

MrsK

What happens if you show up at the port and you don't have a cabin assignment yet?

We are on the Breakaway tomorrow but so far do not have a cabin assigned to us?

Just wondering what happens with luggage and checking etc?

When you get there, there will be an NCL employee with a list of room assignments. You may have to ask around to find that person. Then they will provide blank luggage tags you can write the number on. (We have shown up at NCL ship having forgotten our cabin number, and shown up at Royal Caribbean ship having never known our cabin number due to a last minute guarantee booking.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you get there, there will be an NCL employee with a list of room assignments. You may have to ask around to find that person. Then they will provide blank luggage tags you can write the number on. (We have shown up at NCL ship having forgotten our cabin number, and shown up at Royal Caribbean ship having never known our cabin number due to a last minute guarantee booking.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Ours is also a last minute guarantee booking, we booked on Tuesday for the sailing tomorrow.

When I look at our reservation online it still shows as a GTY interior cabin.

This is our 33rd cruise and we have never not had a cabin assigned before we left. So, a different and strange situation for us.

Thanks. Ours is also a last minute guarantee booking, we booked on Tuesday for the sailing tomorrow.

When I look at our reservation online it still shows as a GTY interior cabin.

This is our 33rd cruise and we have never not had a cabin assigned before we left. So, a different and strange situation for us.

In my experience, the very last minute GTYs have the best chance at upgrades. Good luck, I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

In my experience, the very last minute GTYs have the best chance at upgrades. Good luck, I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

It would be nice if there is truth to that. I'll be sure to come back and let you know.

Coming back to report that we finally got a cabin assignment at a few minutes before midnight.

We did end up with a very nice upgrade. From a guaranteed inside cabin to a category B2 balcony cabin!

Didn't work for me! We got our room assignment today for the star (I guess NCL are doing this at midnight for gty that don't have a cabin on that days sailing). Booked an inside gty. Got an inside! Oh well, its what we paid for.

Nice job on the balcony! Enjoy.

We will too - after all its a cruise!! and I still have the drinks package!

woohoo. I should pack...