Celebrity Classic Drinks Package - do we need to / can we upgrade?

stitchcreek

Does anyone know if champagne by the glass is included with either the classic or premium package?

Thanks.

No proper French Champagne is available with any of the packages. They have a half decent Prosecco available on the classic and under the premium package you can get "Domaine Chandon" which although is not champagne it is apparently from a Californian vineyard that is owned by one of the main French champagne houses.

No proper French Champagne is available with any of the packages. They have a half decent Prosecco available on the classic and under the premium package you can get "Domaine Chandon" which although is not champagne it is apparently from a Californian vineyard that is owned by one of the main French champagne houses.

Domaine Chandon is a fantastic California Champagne and IS A PROPER champagne :eek: made in Napa and like the above poster said is owned by a French champagne maker who realized where the best region for making champagne is! :D It's $11 a glass and is covered under the Premium package...I plan on relieving them of MANY bottles of it over my 14 days on Solstice in May in Mimosa's every morning and glasses with dinner every night! :D

So a new question, if you can choose to upgrade at any point in your cruise and only pay for the following days, is there any minimum restriction on this?

e.g. I feel I've seen another cruise line say you must have at least 3 nights remaining to upgrade - anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me to answer this? Much appreciated!

Domaine Chandon is a fantastic California Champagne and IS A PROPER champagne :eek: made in Napa and like the above poster said is owned by a French champagne maker who realized where the best region for making champagne is! :D It's $11 a glass and is covered under the Premium package...I plan on relieving them of MANY bottles of it over my 14 days on Solstice in May in Mimosa's every morning and glasses with dinner every night! :D

Sorry Joe but although I agree the domaine Chandon is a very good sparkling wine it cannot be classed as champagne and is not a "proper" champagne. This is a mistake made all over the world but champagne can only come from the champagne region of France. The Domaine Chandon is produced in California ..... not Champagne, France (but a good alternative anyway)

Personally I actually prefer some of the really nice Prosecco's out there to some of the poorer Champagnes (as there are so many champagne houses now) but that's a whole different countries' version of champagne ;)

Quick question!

I have the classic drink package.. Says limit is $8 for a cocktail.I know from a celebrity rep anything over $8 whether it be $8.50 or more you pay FULL price not the difference.. Question..For people just off Constellation . What is the rate for a 7 and 7? I'm not a penny pincher just curious as to whether I should upgrade to premium..

Are the daily special drinks and mango tango's and such included in the classic package? We've always paid as you go and this next trip will be the first time we've gone with a drink package. Also, I drink Pelligrino or Perrier daily. Is that included in the classic? If it's not, will they charge the full amount for what those would be on a pay as you go bill?

Pellegrino and Perrier (and Evian) are not included in the classic package. If you drink them daily I would upgrade to the premium. They would be charged the regular price otherwise.

Does anyone know if a Miami Vice drink is covered by the classic package? I have searched through some threads but can't seem to find it. We are on Eclipse in a month and are wondering if we need to upgrade so the wife can have her favorite drink.

Have a look here http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2266065

Is it possible to upgrade in advance, or can it only be done onboard?

You can call Celebrity or your travel agent and upgrade in advance.

It's a fantastic use of OBC if you have any, and there is no benefit to doing it in advance.

Just found it on another thread, thank you anyway!

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Thank you for the list - it is hard to find published listed on the Celebrity Website but they don't list the wines available on the Classic vs. the Premium package - does anyone have that ? That will make the difference for us as we are wine drinkers. Thanks!

We sail on March 25th.

Barbara

As a proper French person who is descended from a family of French winemakers, I can assure you that this is a proper French-style champagne ... Err, sparkling wine. My husband and I knocked back a lot of bottles of this bubbly on our last cruise. It is the only thing I'll drink If Veuve Clicquot or Viano's isn't available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I am sorry to go on about this but am just a little confused why they even have 2 different drink packages that are only $10 a day apart? Why can't they just come up with one package that would cover all for something in the middle? I would think the Classic package would fit most folks but for those of us that like good wine, they don't really offer any good wines on the Classic package so we will have to upgrade to the Premium package. It isn't a big deal but it will be $10 a day x 2 for our 10 day cruise ......not totally insignificant.............just my opinion.

Barbara