To answer my own Q's on Chase rewards, meds

Oceanwench

I came here to ask - pre-cruise - about redeeming Chase rewards dollars, and about the need to take original Rx bottles along when cruising.

I got a mixture of responses.

Here is what I found when we cruised.

Chase - I went to guest services when I boarded and told them I'd been advised I could get my Chase dollars while on board. I was told that when the ship returned to port on the final day, they would have the card and dollar amount.

After breakfast on the last day I stopped by guest services and they gave me a card and had me call Chase to activate it. Then they swiped the card and the $$$ was credited to my account.

On any future cruises I will be sure to have my rewards card loaded prior to sailing!

(This time I could not, as I had one of the cards that expires at the end of the year and had not requested a new one.)

Meds - I packed about a dozen Rx bottles and cut the Rx label off two boxes of meds to take along.

No one asked to see anything. I had a pill container with some of my meds in it, in my purse. No one questioned it.

Next time I would not take the original bottles with me.

I always carry a list of meds with dosage, etc. info.

As I've noted other places, if you do that, make sure to describe the pills. Having the prescriptions doesn't help if the med staff doesn't know what they are.

As far as checking, never have I seen ship staff cause an issue. TSA and Customs, yep...

Other than controlled substances, you are welcome to place your pills in any container(s) you wish. Under Florida law, controlled substances must be in the original containers. Have I ever seen it checked or questioned? No.

WOW, good news on the Chase rewards card. That is definitely something recent.